Click on the EX-Z1000 to take a QTVR tour
The EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z1000 packs a powerful punch in a sleek, compact package. Small
enough to be held in the palm of the hand, its 10.1 megapixel digital camera still captures
super high-resolution images that reproduce crystal-clear even in very large sizes - perfect
for printing or on-screen viewing of those priceless, once-in-a-lifetime shots. And there's
more. The EX-Z1000 is the first in the series to incorporate a 2.8-inch, Wide and
Bright LCD display.
The color LCD display is a large, crystal-clear 2.8-inch monitor in an attractive wide
format. This high-resolution, 230,400 pixel LCD displays images and data with outstanding
clarity and fine detail. With a maximum brightness of 1200cd/m2, the EX-Z1000's Wide and
Bright display makes viewing in bright outdoor light easier than ever before. The
revolutionary Zoom Continuous Shutter mode allows the user to compare a wide angle and a
telephoto shot in the same display and to take both shots simultaneously with only one press
of the shutter button.
New and exclusive to the Casio EXILIM line of digital cameras in the U.S., is the eBay Best
Shot mode. The eBay Best Shot
takes photos at a size that is image optimized for display on eBay, allowing picture takers
to more quickly and easily create photos for selling items on eBay. eBay Best Shot mode
also includes Auto Macro, an ideal setting for capturing images of small items such as
jewelry, tags, etc., thus automatically adjusting the focus from acquiring fine details in
close up shots to capturing large items from a distance. eBay Best Shot mode allows users
to capture optimized images at an ideal size for eBay.
Other functions include "Old Photo" Best Shot Mode, which refreshes faded colors of
old photos by bringing them back to life in digital format, automatically adjusts for
obliquity even when photos are shot while still in the album. The Rapid Flash function
enables three consecutive, high-speed flash photos in only one second, ensuring that no
special moments are missed. The Easy Mode setting provides a
simplified, easy to understand, and convenient version of the settings menu and camera
interface, designed especially for first time users but also helpful to those who prefer a
basic camera settings interface as well. The BEST SHOT Button enables convenient, one-touch
access to 33 scenes chosen from an image menu and providing the user with a wide range of
camera settings for taking hassle-free photos every time.
The EX-Z1000 has features like: "Auto Macro" mode which allows for automatic
switching between macro and auto focus modes. "9-Point Multi AF" clearly indicates the areas
of focus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points. The "Quick Shutter"
function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing. "Flash
Assist" mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas within the shot. "Exposure Warning"
mode warns over or under exposure via an on-screen display. The "Icon Help" function
provides icon guidance when adjusting camera settings. The "Direct On" button allows quick
startup in both shooting and playback modes.
In addition to high-resolution still images the EX-Z1000 also records movies with sound in VGA
(640 x 480 pixels) size at 25 frames per second. When taking high quality long duration
MPEG-4 movies, the EX-Z1000 instantaneously reduces camera shake electronically. For movies
taken in dimly lit environments, the "built-in" Illumination LED Light provides additional
illumination of the subject. Using the "Motion Print" function, movies
can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing. Movies can be
zoomed in during replay and the "Movie Editing" operation offers three ways (beginning,
middle, end) to cut unwanted scenes from a movie.
Camera data is stored in its 8.3 megabytes of internal memory and on optional Secure Digital
(SD) type cards. The camera is powered by a Li-ion battery that is good for up
to 360 shots and is charged with the included docking cradle. Data is transferred to computer
via USB and you can print directly to any PictBridge compatible printer. Still images are
ExifPrint and PRINT Image Matching III compatible.
Z1000 Zoom Features:
- 10.1-Megapixel effective CCD imager, 3x optical zoom w/auto macro
- Stylish, durable and light-weight aluminum body
- 2.8-inch Wide and Bright LCD, edge display of operational icons
- Anti Shake provides higher sensitivity, faster shutter speed prevents image blurring to hand or subject movement
- High-speed start-up enables shooting approximately 1.3 seconds after power up.
- Release time lag of only 0.002 seconds after the shutter is pressed.
- Rapid Flash, 3 high speed flash photos in one second
- Continuous shutter function enables photos to be taken in 1 second intervals.
- 33 "BEST SHOT" scene modes set the camera for easy to difficult situations.
- Attach up to 30-second audio memos to still images at capture or later.
- Record voice-only audio, approx. 25 minutes on internal memory.
- MPEG-4, VGA(640×480 pixels), 25 frames/second high quality movies
- Movie Best Shot, Past Movie, Short Movie and in-camera movie editing.
- 9-point autofocus system with selectable AF modes: Multi or Spot AF.
- ISO sensitivity from 50 to 400, ISO 3200 with Anti Shake.
- Built-in flash with Red Eye Reduction and Flash-assist function.
- USB data transfer to PC or Mac computers.
- Super-Life Li-ion rechargeable battery for up to 360 shots.
- 8.3 Megabytes of internal memory and SD card slot for memory expansion.
- ExifPrint, PRINT Image Matching III,
USB Direct-Print, and PictBridge compatible.
The EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z1000 has a suggested retail of US$399.99 and will be available