Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Pressing the wide zoom enters the camera into index mode. This allows you to quickly search through your images 25 at a time. Pressing it again switches to the calendar mode which allows you to sort your images by the date in which they were taken.
Pressing the Telephoto zoom button allows you to zoom in on the image up to 8x. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4 way controller to scroll around through the image.
- Slideshow - Runs a Slideshow of selected images on the memory card
- Dynamic Photo - Combines Images to create an image with dynamic range
- Movie Converter - Converts a Dynamic Photo into a movie
- Layout Print - Select a print layout
- MOTION PRINT - Allows you to print frames from a movie
- Movie Editing - Allows you to edit movies inside the camera
- Lighting - Cancel, +1, +2
- Red Eye - Fixes red eye in an image
- White Balance - Change the white balance setting after the image is captured
- Brightness - Adjust the brightness after the image is captured
- Keystone - Attempts to correct the distortion created by a wide-angle lens
- Color Correction - Automatically adjusts the images color
- DPOF Printing - Set images for printing
- Protect - Protect files from deletion
- Date/Time - Set the date and time for the camera
- Rotation - Change the orientation of an image
- Resize - Change the size of an image
- Trimming - Crop your image
- Dubbing - Add an audio message to the image, up to 30 seconds
- Copy - Copy back and forth between the internal memory and the SD card
- Divide Group - Separates groups of images taken continuously
The lighting option allows you to increase the lighting after the image has been taken. This is a fast and easy way to increase the brightness of a dark image that you have captured.
Resize allows you to save a copy of an image with a different resolution. This is an easy way to make a smaller copy to upload to the internet or send in an email before you even sit at your computer.
Trimming allows you to trim or crop your images on the camera. This allows you to fix a bad composition before anyone else gets a chance to see it.
Movies can be played back on the camera's LCD or on a TV via the A/V cable. The camera has VCR/DVR - like controls that make playback easy. You also have the ability to do some basic video editing on the camera as well.
- Eye-Fi - Allows the use of an Eye-Fi wireless SD card
- Sounds - Controls all the sounds available on the camera
- Startup - Choose the image that the camera will show when the camera is turned on
- File No. - Continuous or Reset
- World Time - Choose the time and location you are in
- Timestamp - Date, Date&Time, Off
- Adjust - Change the Date and Time
- Date Style - How the date is displayed
- Language - Choose the language that the menus will be shown in
- Sleep - Choose the amount of time before the camera will enter sleep mode
- Auto Power Off - Choose the amount of time before the camera turns off
- REC/PLAY - Determine if you would like the REC and PLAY buttons to turn the camera on and off
- USB - Mass Storage - PTP (PictBridge)
- Video Out - NTSC (4:3, 16:9), PAL (4:3, 16:9)
- Format - Format the SD/SDHC card
- Reset - Restore the Factory Defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.