By Bryan Young
Click on the EX-M20 for a QTVR tour
The EX-M20's stylish case is made of lightweight magnesium alloy and weighs a mere 2.78 oz (without battery). The camera is ready to shoot almost instantly after being turned on and a 0.01 sec. release time lag records the image as soon as you press the shutter button. An automatic lens barrier protects the lens from impact and dust by opening and closing whenever the camera is turned on and off.
The 1.6-inch TFT LCD monitor screen of the EX-M20 features a digital interface for a clearer display of images and makes image viewing easier and more enjoyable. The monitor screen can be used to arrange images, and a collection of display features help to make image viewing simpler and more fun than ever before.
The Best Shot Mode provides optimum camera setups in an instant. Simply select the sample scene that is similar to the image you want to record and the camera's exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured accordingly. There are a total of 15 sample scenes built in, including "Coupling Shot" and "Pre Shot."
The EX-M20 stores images in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an album format. The album feature uses HTML format, which means you can incorporate an album directly into a web site and even print directly from the album.
World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically. A total of three independent alarms help to make sure you are on time, all the time. You can even have a specific image appear when an alarm time is reached.
In addition to its 10MB of built-in Flash Memory, the EX-M20 also supports use of thin, compact SD memory cards and MMC cards (optional and sold separately). An easy operation copies images between a memory card and built-in memory.
Exilim EX-M20 Features:
- 2-Megapixel effective CCD imager
- Credit card-size stainless steel body, only 11mm thick
- Image sizes: 1600x1200, 1600x1072 (3:2), 1280x960, 640x480
- AVI Movie 320x240 up to 30 seconds (w/audio)
- Fixed focus 37mm F3.5 lens with 4x digital zoom
- Less than one second startup time
- 0.01 second shutter lag time
- Fast shot to shot time - even with flash
- Audio recording and playback & MP3 audio song player
- 3:2 aspect ratio mode for no-crop 4x6" prints
- 15 Best Shot scene modes
- 10 Megabytes of internal memory
- 1 to 1/8000 sec. shutter speeds
- Built-in flash with Red Eye Reduction
- 1.6" TFT color LCD monitor
- 4X playback zoom magnification
- USB 1.1 data transfer to PC or Mac computers
- Lithium rechargeable battery and charging cradle included
- Secure Digital/MMC card slot for memory expansion
- DPOF, PRINT Image Matching II and Exif Print compatible
In addition to the USB 1.1 docking cradle and battery, each EX-M20 camera comes standard with an audio remote controller and ear buds, hand strap, AC adaptor and CD-ROM software. The retail price on the EX-M20 is $329.99.
The 2-megapixel Casio EX-M20 and the 3-megapixel EX-S3.
The EX-M20 and a standard CD for size comparison.
Casio EX-M20 Specifications
Recorded Image Sizes:
NOTE: These Specifications are as represented by the manufacturer.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Compatibility: Agfa Ephoto CL18 Agfa Ephoto CL30 Casio EX-M20 (must be used with Casio cradle) Casio EX-S1 (must be used with Casio cradle) Casio EX-S2 (must be used ...
Casio is one of the leading consumer electronics companies in the world. Need extra batteries? Then try Casio rechargeable batteries.