Record Screens & Menus
This is a view of the movie recording mode. This is as easy as pressing the video record button on the back of the camera. Pressing once will start your movie, press again and it will end. During record mode Optical zooming is disabled although digital zooming is available. However, the digital zoom will decrease the quality of the video. You will see in the image above the red REC symbol, which indicates the camera is recording. The center top are the Flash on/off and Movie mode icons, and in the center is the AF frame. The top right shows how much recording time is available on the card and the red timer shows the time of the current recording. On the bottom left is the battery life indicator.
The "BS" screen shown here has the EX-H5's 42 Best Shot presets. You can access this screen in capture mode by pressing "Set" and scrolling down to the "BS" symbol. This allows you to choose a variety of pre-set picture modes.
Here we have the shortcut menu for many of the EX-H5's settings. This is accessible by simply pressing the "Set" key. Your four-way pad will then easily navigate you through the selections. From here you can quickly access setting for image quality, flash mode, AF mode, self-timer, etc. It also allows you access to the main menu as well as the Best Shot modes screen (shown above).
- Continuous AF - On or Off
- Anti Shake - Auto, Camera AS, Image AS, DEMO, Off
- Grid - On or Off
- AF Assist Light - On or Off
- Focus Frame - Here you can change the focus frame to different icons such as a heart, a flower, etc. or set the camera to select randomly the icon.
- Auto Shutter - Detect Blur, Detect Panning, Detect Smile, Off, Sensitivity
- Memory - Allows you to turn on/off most of the camera selections in the shortcut menu.
- Image Quality - Fine, Normal, Economy
- Movie Quality - HD, STD, LP
- EV Shift - +2.0 - -2.0
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Overcast, Shade, Day White Fluorescent, Daylight Fluorescent, Tungsten, Manual WB
- ISO - Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Metering - Multi, Center Weighted, Spot
- Lighting - Extra, On or Off
- Color Filter - Off, B&W, Sepia, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple
The Set-Up menu options:
- Power Saving - On, Off
- Eye-Fi - On, Off
- Sounds - Adjust the different sounds made by the camera
- Startup - On, Off
- File Number - Continuous, Reset
- World Time - Choose the time and location you are in
- Timestamp - Date, Date&Time, Off
- Adjust - Adjust time
- Date Style - How the date is displayed
- Language - 22 different languages
- Sleep -Sleep time for the camera
- Auto Power Off - Turns camera off after a set time
- REC/PLAY - REC/PLAY buttons turn the camera on or off
- Disable File Deletion - On, Off
- USB - Mass Storage, PTP(PictBridge)
- Video Out - NTSC (4:3, 16:9), PAL (4:3, 16:9)
- Format - Format, Cancel
- Reset - Restore factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.