Record Screens & Menus
By Matt Metzker
Here is a view of the movie recording mode. Recording movies is as easy as pressing a button, literally, a button on the back of the camera sends the camera immediately into movie mode. Press the button again to stop recording. Optical zooming is disabled in movie mode although digital zooming is available but not necessarily recommended as it degrades the quality of the video clip. In the image above we see the red REC which indicates the camera is recording, below that we see the Anti Shake is enabled. In the center at the top are the Flash off and Movie mode icons, in the center is the AF frame and to the right are two timers. The White timer shows how much recording time is available on the card and the red timer shows the time of the current recording. Also seen is the framing assisting grid and battery life indicator.
The Casio EX-H15 has 43 Best Shot Presets. These are selected by pressing the "BS" button on the back control panel. Casio has introduced a few new Best Shot scene modes below that we wanted to comment on:
- Premium Auto - is their version of "intelligent Auto", and tries to achieve the best image quality possible by recognizing the shooting environment, and selecting the best scene mode settings. This is more draining on the battery than shooting is standard Auto mode and takes longer to process photos (meaning a slower shot-to-shot time).
- Dynamic Photo - while not new, this is an awesome feature on Casio cameras. This mode cuts a subject out of a picture to be placed into another photo. This is all done within the camera and no external software is needed.
- Splashing Water - offers a fast shutter speed to capture water droplets.
- High Sensitivity - offers recording of an image without a flash even in dim lighting.
- Oil Painting - an internal art filter that gives the subject the look of being an oil painting. This was the best of the three new art filters.
- Crayon - art filter #2, to make a picture look as if it was drawn in crayon, it looks more like color pencil than crayon.
- Water Color - this was our least favorite of the three new art filters. The images look more like a color negative than a water color print. But, I give Casio the nod for taking the leap.
- Retro - offers a lower contrast and sepia filter for a classic look
- ID Photo - will take a portrait and create five images of different sizes for use in ID applications.
Pressing the DISP edge of the 4-way controller allows you the option of how much information is shown on the LCD screen. The grid is either always on, or always off. This setting is found by pressing the menu button and scrolling to the last page of the REC tab.
To access a short-cut to most of the camera settings, pres the SET button. Then using the up/down edges of the 4-way control, you can scroll through the list. To change a desired setting use the left/right sides of the 4-way control.
The short-cut list can be customized to the users liking. Above is a list of the items that can be placed on the short-cut list.
The Make-up button located on top of the camera will automatically turn on the Make-up function with the first press, pressing a second time will switch to Vivid Landscape and a third press will turn both modes off. These will only work in Auto mode and will not work in Premium Auto mode.
- Focus - AF, Macro, PF, Infinity, MF
- CS - Normal Speed CS, 4fps, 10fps, Flash CS, Off
- Self Timer - 10 Sec, 2 Sec, x3, Off
- Auto Shutter - Detect Blur, Detect Panning, Detect Smile, Off, Sensitivity
- Face Detection - On or Off
- Continuous AF - On or Off
- Anti Shake - Auto, Camera AS, Image AS, DEMO, Off
- AF Area - Intelligent,Spot, Multi, Tracking with AF assist lamp
- AF Assist Light - On or Off
- Focus Frame - Here you can change the focus frame to different icons such as a heart, a flower, etc. or set the camera to select randomly the icon.
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Quick Shutter - On or Off
- Grid - On or Off
- Review - On or Off
- Icon Help - On or Off
- Memory - Allows the camera to save your last setting for certain features
The Memory tab in the REC menu is used to set the defaults of listed functions. When the camera is powered back on the camera it will either restore any changed items to their original default settings or remember the last setting used.
- Size - 14M, 3:2, 16:9, 10M, 6M, 3M, VGA
- Image Quality - Fine, Normal, Economy
- Movie Quality - HD, STD, LP
- EV Shift - +2.0 - -2.0
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Overcast, Shade, Day White Fluorescent, Daylight Fluorescent, Tungsten, Manual WB
- ISO - Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Metering - Multi, Center Weighted, Spot
- Lighting - On or Off
- Color Filter - Off, B&W, Sepia, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple
- Sharpness - +2, +1, 0, -1, -
- Saturation - +2, +1, 0, -1, -
- Contrast - +2, +1, 0, -1, -2
- Flash Intensity - +2, +1, 0, -1, -2
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Buy related cameras and accessories from Amazon.com|
|Related Product Description||Price|
|Cengage Youll learn how, when, and, most importantly, whyto use all the cool features and functions of yourcamera to take eye-popping photographs.||$29.99|
|Vintage Camera Shoulder Hippie Camera Strap For SLR DSLR Canon Nikon Pentax Sony Model 203||$1.49|
|Zoom Copter - Colors May Vary||$1.00|
|Ubisoft Motion Tracking Camera||$0.97|