Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
When you half-press the shutter release, the focus point in the frame will turn green if focus is achieved, otherwise it will turn red. When the camera has focused and the exposure information is set, you will see this information to the right. ISO, aperture and shutter speed are displayed.
The high speed shooting mode is recognized by the HS icon at the top. Next to that you can also see the rate at which the camera will capture images. Currently the camera will capture 30 images in just 0.7 seconds.
High seed movie mode also looks incredibly similar to the other shooting modes, showing the HS movie icon at the top. To the right you see the record time remaining as well as the frames per second that the movie will record at (120fps).
During any of the shooting modes, you press the SET button to bring up the quick menu. Here you can quickly change some of the most used camera settings without having to enter the camera menus. These menus depend on the shooting mode that you are in. Above is the single shot Auto mode.
Pressing the BS button takes you to the Best Shot menu, where you can choose the shooting mode that best suits your shooting situation. Many of the modes on the FH25 have been specially designed for either high speed burst or high speed video recording. They can be identified by the icons in the top left corner.
- Self Timer - 10 sec, 2 Sec, x3, Off
- AF Assist Light - On, Off
- Anti Shake - Auto, Camera AS, Image AS, Demo, Off
- Face Detection - On or Off
- Continuous AF - On or Off
- AE/AF Lock - AE Lock, AF Lock, AE/AF Lock
- Save CS Image - Continuous Shooting: Always ask, Select and Save, Normal (Batch)
- CS - High Speed Continuous, Normal Speed Continuous
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- L/R Key - Allows you to add shortcuts to the left and right keys on the 4-way controller
- Quick Shutter - On or Off
- Review - On or Off
- Grid - On or Off
- Icon Help - On or Off
- Memory - Remembers the settings for the next time you start the camera
- Still Image Quality - Fine, Normal, Economy
- Metering - Multi, Center, Spot
- Lighting - On or Off
- Flash Intensity - ±2.0EV in 0.3EV steps
- Color Filter - Off, B/W, Sepia, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, or Purple
- Sharpness +2, +1, 0, -1, -2
- Saturation +2, +1, 0, -1, -2
- Contrast +2, +1, 0, -1, -2
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.