Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
You can search through the camera's stored images by pressing the wide zoom. This brings up the index screen which shows you 25 thumbnail images at a time. The 4-way controller is then used to select the image that you want to see.
The playback image can be magnified up to 8x when you press the telephoto zoom control. You can scroll around inside of the enlarged image by using the 4-way controller. Pressing the wide angle control will zoom out.
Playback menu tab:
- Slide Show - Plays a slide show of all the pictures on the memory card with effects
- MOTION PRINT -Prints one or multiple frames of a video
- Movie Editing - Allows for in-camera editing of movies
- White Balance - Allows you to change the white balance of the selected photograph
- Brightness - -2, -1, 0, 1, 2
- DPOF Printing - Date Stamping and Number of copies to print
- Protect - Protect selected images
- Rotation - Rotate selected picture
- Resize - Make the current picture smaller
- Trimming - In-camera cropping tool
- Copy - Copy pictures back and forth between the memory card and the camera
- Divide Group - Divide a Burst sequence into separate frames instead of an animated group
- CS Multi Print - Creates a 10-Megapixel image that includes all of the images (up to 30 frames) within the group in a 5x6 format.
- CS Frame Edit - Allows you to edit an image within a CS group
Once you have entered the CS group, you have the ability to either watch your images play like a movie at various speeds, or you can stop the continuous play and look through your images one at a time with the left/right buttons of the 4-way controller.
The camera also allows you to divide the CS groups into the individual images that make it up. Either just one of the groups or all of them can be done at once.
The trimming feature allows you to "crop" your images without using a camera. By using the zoom feature, you can select the part of the image then press the set button to save it as a new image.
The White Balance adjustment works in the same way as the Brightness adjustment, allowing you to see your changes before you make them.
The movie playback screen gives you total control over playback. You can adjust the speed in which they play as well as scroll through frame by frame. When the AV cable is hooked up to the camera, the controls do not show up on the screen, but they look identical to the CS controls.
Setup menu tab:
- Screen - Auto 2, Auto 1, +2, +1, 0 or -1
- Eye-Fi - Allows the use of an Eye-Fi wireless SD card
- Auto Rotate - Allows the camera to rotate the images so they are always upright for the LCD screen
- EVF Brightness - 0, +1 or +2
- Sounds - Controls all the sounds available on the camera
- World Time - Choose the time and location you are in
- File Number - Continuous, Reset
- Time stamp - Date, Date&Time, Off
- Adjust - Adjust time
- Date Style - How the date is displayed
- Language - 18 different languages
- Sleep -Sleep time for the camera
- Auto Power Off - Turns camera off after a set time
- REC/PLAY - REC/PLAY buttons turn the camera on or off
- LCD Priority Give the LCD priority for playback and menu display: On of Off (default)
- USB - Mass Storage (USB DIRECT-PRINT), PTP(PictBridge)
- Video Out - NTSC (4:3, 16:9), PAL (4:3, 16:9)
- Battery Type - Ni-MH or Alkaline
- Startup - Enable start-up image; On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card/internal memory
- Reset - Restore factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.