PowerShot SX610 HS
PowerShot SX610 HS
Playback Screens & Menus
When viewing photos in Playback mode with the Canon PowerShot SX610 HS, you'll have three screen display options. The first screen lists the date and time the image was shot in the lower right corner, the image resolution and quality in the lower left corner, and the file name in the upper right corner.
Press the Disp button on the back of the camera to see more details about the image, which will shrink into the upper left corner of the screen. A histogram will appear in the lower left corner. Along the right side of the screen you'll see additional data, including the shooting mode, shutter speed, ISO setting, aperture, EV setting, white balance, image size, and image resolution.
Press Disp again to remove all data from the screen and to return the image to full-screen view.
- Smart Shuffle - Camera suggests four similar photos that are stored on your memory card
- Image Search - Cancel, People, Shot Date, Favorites, Still Image/Movie
- Slideshow - (discussed below)
- Positive Film
- Lighter Skin Tone
- Darker Skin Tone
- Vivid Blue
- Vivid Green
- Vivid Red
With a movie on the screen in Playback mode, you can see data about the movie similar to what you saw with a still image. Press Disp on the bottom of the four-way button back of the camera to change the look of the data on the screen.
To play the movie on the SX610's LCD screen, press the Func/Set button twice. You'll see a bar across the bottom of the screen representing the length of the video clip and the current position. Press Func/Set again to pause the movie.
Canon included both Wi-Fi and NFC wireless capabilities with the PowerShot SX610. To use the Wi-Fi option, press the top of the four-way button from Playback mode to open the Wi-Fi screen, from which you can choose your connection preference.
To connect with an NFC-enabled device just touch the N-Mark on the left side of the camera to the N-Mark of the other device.
Canon also included a Mobile Device Connection button on the back of the SX610. When you press this button, you can connect to a smartphone or tablet that you've specified. You'll have to download an app to your mobile device before you can use this button.
While in Playback mode you can access the Playback and Print menus by pressing the Menu button. The Playback menu is available when you highlight the Playback tab in the upper left corner of the screen. The menu options are:
- List/Play Digest Movies
- Slideshow - Repeat (On, Off), Play Time (3-30 seconds), Effect (Off, Fade, Bubble, Cross, Letterbox, Scroll, Slide)
- Erase - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Protect - Select, Select Range, Protect All Images, Unprotect All Images
- Photobook Set-Up - Select, Select All Images, Clear All Selections
- Red-Eye Correction
- Resize - M2, S
- My Colors - Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, B/W, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red
- Transition - Fade, Scroll, Slide, Off
- Scroll Display - On, Off
- Group Images - On, Off
- Auto Rotate - On, Off
- Resume - Last Seen, Last Shot
- Select Images & Qty
- Select Range
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings - Print Type (Standard, Index, Both), Date (On, Off), File No. (On, Off), Clear DPOF Data (On, Off)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.