Record Screens & Menus
By twisting the PowerShot SX500's mode dial, you can access Live View Control mode, which allows you to try to make simple changes to the scene's lighting and colors before you record the photo. In Live View Control mode, press the Func/Set button to open the menu shown here.
To open the recording menu for the SX500 IS, just press the Menu button in the lower right corner of the back of the camera. The entries in the menus will be a little different depending on what you've selected on the mode dial. The menu options listed here are available in Program mode.
- AF Frame - Face Detect, Center, Tracking AF
- AF Frame Size - Normal, Small
- Digital Zoom - Standard, Off,1.6x, 2.0x
- AF-Point Zoom - On, Off
- Servo AF - On, Off
- Continuous AF - On, Off
- AF-Assist Beam - On, Off
- MF-Point Zoom - On, Off
- Safety MF - On, Off
- Flash Settings - Flash Exp. Comp (between +2 and -2, in levels of 1/3), Red Eye Correction (On, Off), Red Eye Lamp (On, Off), Safety FE (On, Off)
- i-Contrast - Auto, Off
- Wind Filter - On, Off
- Review - Off, Quick, 2-10 seconds, Hold
- Review Info - Off, Detailed, Focus Check
- Blink Detection - On, Off
- Grid Lines - On, Off
- IS Mode - Continuous, Shoot Only, Off
- Display Area - Small, Medium, Large
- Date Stamp - Off, Date, Date & Time
- Mute - On, Off
- Volume - Start-up Vol. (Level 1 to 5), Operation Vol. (Level 1 to 5), Selftimer Vol. (Level 1 to 5), Shutter Volume (Level 1 to 5)
- Sound Options - Start-up Sound (1, 2), Operation Sound (1, 2), Selftimer Sound (1, 2), Shutter Sound (1, 2)
- Hints & Tips - On, Off
- Date/Time - Set the Date and Time of the internal clock/calendar
- Time Zone - Choose time zones for Home, World
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the LCD's default brightness; 5 levels
- Start-up Image - Image 1, Image 2, Off
- Format - Format the memory card; deletes all files
- File Numbering - Continuous (recommended) or Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Monthly, Daily
- Lens Retract - 0 sec., 1 min.
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On, Off); Display Off, six settings (10 seconds to 3 minutes)
- Units - m/cm, ft/in
- Video System - NTSC, PAL
- Ctrl via HDMI - Enable, Disable
- Certification Logo Display
- Language - Choose the menu language
- Reset All - Restore all settings to their factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Compatibility: Canon Cameras - TTL - The Vivitar DF-383 Shoe Mount Flash is an economical full-TTL enabled flash with support for digital SLR cameras.
PAR56 Black Specification: The PAR46 long barrel theatrical design and economical price make this unit suitable for small clubs, stage, rental and display application.
PAR64 Black Specification: The Par 64 long barrel design eliminates glare and lets you use lamps from 500 watts to 1000 watts with a beam spread from a very narrow spot to a wide ...