Playback Screens & Menus
The PowerShot SX50 HS has a pretty standard Playback mode, similar to what you find on other Canon fixed lens cameras. Press the Playback button along the top of the back panel to open the SX50's Playback mode.
With a stored image on the screen, you'll see the file number in the upper right corner, and the time and date the photo was shot in the lower right corner.
If you press the Disp button on the lower right corner of the back panel of the PowerShot SX50, you'll change the view to show detailed data about each image. Along the left side of the screen is a shrunken view of the image along with a histogram. On the right side, from top to bottom, is the file number, shooting mode, shutter speed, ISO setting, aperture setting, exposure value, flash value, white balance, file size, resolution, date and time. The fine quality setting is in the lower left corner.
Press the Disp button a third time and the SX50 will return the image to the full size of the screen, removing all data about the photo. Press the Disp button again to return to the initial view.
The Index feature with the SX50 also provides a standard set of features that you'll see on most other Canon cameras. When using this feature, you can see thumbnails of the stored images on the memory card, allowing you to scroll through the images more quickly. This can be especially helpful if you have hundreds of images stored on the memory card.
With the Index feature on the screen, press the zoom ring to the left, and the camera will show a 2x2 grid of images, followed by grids of 3x3, 6x6, and 10x10 as you press the zoom ring to the left again. To return to a smaller grid, press the zoom ring to the right.
With a movie displayed on the screen in Playback mode, you'll see some basic data about the movie file, including the file name in the upper right corner, along with the time and date the movie was shot in the lower right corner.
Press the Disp button to add more data to the screen, including the histogram in the lower left corner. Quite a bit of data is shown on the right, including the file name, movie mode, focus area, HD resolution, frames per second, exposure value, white balance setting, file size, timed length of recording, and the time and date the movie was shot.
Press Disp again to remove all data and icons from the screen and to return the image to the full screen.
To play the movie on the SX50's LCD screen, press the Func/Set button to bring the playback tools to the screen. Press Play to play the movie.
While in Playback mode, press the Menu button to gain access to the camera's control menus. The Playback menu options include:
- Movie Digest Playback
- Smart Shuffle
- Slideshow - Repeat (On, Off), Play Time (3-30 seconds), Effect (Off, Fade, Bubble, Cross, Letterbox, Scroll, Slide)
- Erase - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Protect - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite, protecting it from deletion
- My Category - Select (People, Scenery, Events, Category 1, Category 2, Category 3, To Do), Select Range
- Photobook Set-Up - Select images with which to create a photobook, using Canon's software (Select, Select All Images, Clear All Selections)
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction - Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Cropping - Crop an image to a smaller size
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Colors - Apply various color effects (Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black and White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red)
- Face ID Info - Name Display (On, Off), Edit ID Info
- Scroll Display - Displays image before and after current image (On, Off)
- Group Images - Group images shot at high speed burst modes for playback (On, Off)
- Auto Rotate - Rotates images to match the camera orientation (On, Off)
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode (Last Seen, Last Shot)
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos (Fade, Scroll, Slide, Off)
You can gain access to the PowerShot SX50's DPOF Print menu by scrolling to the middle tab in the Playback menu (marked with a printer icon). You can print directly from the SX50 using PictBridge. The DPOF Print menu options are:
- Print - Choose the images to print
- Select Images & Qty - Specify how many prints to make of each image
- Select Range - Pick a series of images to print
- Select All Images - Print one copy of each image
- Clear All Selections - Remove the Print selection from all images
- Print Settings - Select Print Type (Standard, Index, Both), Date (On, Off), File No. (On, Off), Clear DPOF Data (On, Off)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Buy related cameras and accessories from Amazon.com|
|Related Product Description||Price|
|Delkin Pop-up Shade Fits 1.8LCD Block Glare & Protect LCD Stick||$23.99|
|NA Video / Digital Camera Charger Charger For Casio EX-Z75||$16.45|
|eForCity 6-Pack Screen Lcd Guard Protector Compatible with Canon Mark Ii Eos 5D||$0.34|
|Gradual Gradient Sunset Plexiglas Filter For Cokin P Series||$0.25|
|Gradual Grey Plexiglas Filter For Cokin P Series Filters||$0.01|