PowerShot SX30 IS
PowerShot SX30 IS
Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Index mode can be accessed by pressing the zoom lever to the wide side. Canon gives you 4 sets of thumbnail images, allowing you to view 4, 9, 36 and 100 images at time.
Pressing the telephoto end of the zoom lever allows you to zoom in on an image. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4way controller to navigate through the image.
Another way to search through your images is the "Jump" menu. This allows you to jump 10 or 100 images at a time, jump by the date the images were captured, jump to the first image, jump to category or jump directly to your movies.
- Smart Shuffle - Allows you to select one of four random images while looking at a 5th larger image
- Slideshow - Runs a slideshow of the images saved on the camera's memory card
- Erase All - Erases all of the images on the memory card
- Protect - Protects images from being deleted
- Rotate - Changes the orientation of the images by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Set images to be included in your favorites
- My Category - Set images to fit in a specific category
- i-Contrast - Auto adjusts the contrast of the image based on the settings: Auto, Low, Medium or High
- Red-Eye Correction - Removes red-eye from your portrait shots
- Trimming - Allows you to crop your image
- Resize - Makes a seperate smaller resolution copy of an image
- My Colors - Change the color tone of the image
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Resume - Determines what image will be shown when you enter playback mode
- Transition - Choose transitions for the slideshow
Resize allows you to make a smaller copy of an image that is already on the memory card. This is a fast and simple way to make a smaller copy for email and uploading to the web.
The crop or trim menu allows you to zoom in on the image, then crop the image to what you see fit. It is an easy way to remove objects from the outside of the image, or to change the composition of the image.
Movie playback gives you all of the controls that you find on a DVR/VCR. Audio is played back on the camera's built-in speaker. With the included A/V cable, you can also watch your movies on any TV.
Movie edit mode allows you to cut and combine clips to make you movie masterpiece right on the camera. This will save you a lot of time sitting at the computer, and it can be done anywhere the camera goes.
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Adjust the volume of the different camera sounds
- Sound Options - Change and adjust the camera sounds
- Hints & Tips - On or Off
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD
- Start-up Image - Choose the image to be displayed on power-up
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a storage folder for your images
- Lens Retract - 0 sec., 1 min.
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down, Display Off settings
- Time Zone - Select a new location in the world to automatically change the time
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Distance Units - Focus distance in feet or meters
- Video System - NTSC, PAL
- Language - Choose from one of the 25 languages
- Reset All - Reset the camera to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.