PowerShot SX210 IS
PowerShot SX210 IS
Record Screens & Menus
There are very few options available, which is the whole idea, so beginners will not feel overwhelmed.
When you half-press the shutter you will see the AF targets turn green indicating the area of focus and that the camera is ready to take the picture. when AF servo is enabled, the AF "box" will be blue when it has locked on a moving focal target. No AF box indicates that the camera is unable to focus. Also you will see here that the Image Stabilization is active, along with the ISO (800), shutter speed (1/60) and aperture (F3.1).
For those who want even more controls over the exposure process, the SX210 does offer exposure options at allow you to control the aperture and shutter speed settings (Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, and full Manual).
Program FUNC. Menu:
- Light Metering - Evaluate, Center Weighted Avg., Spot
- My Colors - Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, B&W, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
- White Balance - Auto, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- ISO Selection - Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- Flash output comp. - +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Drive Mode - Single Shot, Continuous, Continuous Shooting AF
- Movie quality - 1280x720, 640x480, or 320x240 (all @ 30fps)
- Image Size - L (14M, 4320x3240), M1 (9M, 3456x5292), M2 (5M, 2592x1944), M3 (2M, 1600x1200), S (640x480), Widescreen (4320x2432)
- Compression - Fine, Normal
Here you can see the newer "Easy" exposure mode. If Auto is not simple enough for you, you have the option to set the camera in the above mode. This is 99.9% automatic
exposure mode, with the Only option you have control of is the Flash, and that is
because you have the option to manually close/open it.
Above you can see the screen displayed when recording video. The SX210 can capture video at HD1280x720, standard 640x480 and 320x240 resolutions. All three settings shoot at
30 frames per second. Canon has included a separate Movie shutter release on the back of the camera, which allows you to record video at any time, not matter what exposure mode is selected on the mode dial. Unlike most super-zoom models, the SX210 does allow you to use the full optical zoom lens while recording video. It moves Very slowly, which is done to ensure there is no zoom mechanism noise in your video. This is a great addition to the functionality of the SX210's video mode.
Another great addition on this model are the built-in Stereo microphones. Located on the top of the camera you will see a Left and Right micro phone, with the speaker mounted in between them. This will help the camera produce even better audio, especially when compared to cameras that feature a mono mic.
- AF Frame - Face Detect, Center
- Frame Size - Normal, Small
- Digital Zoom - Standard, Off,1.7x, 2.1x
- AF-Point Zoom - On, Off
- Servo AF - On, Off
- Continuous AF - On, Off
- AF-Assist Beam - On, Off
- MF-Point Zoom - On, Off
- Safety MF - On, Off
- Flash Settings - Red Eye Correction, Red Eye Lamp
- i-Contrast - Auto, Off
- Review - Off, 2-10 second, Hold
- Review Info - Off, Detailed, Focus Check
- Blink Detection - On, Off
- Display Overlay - Off, Grid Lines, 3:2 Guide, Both
- IS Mode - Continuous, Dynamic, Shoot Only, Panning, Off
- Date Stamp - Off, Date, Date & Time
- Set Movie button - Choose the function of the movie shutter release button
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.