Playback Screens & Menus
When you press the Play button, the camera switches to Playback or Review mode. Here you can view your stored images and files. The camera by default displays the last image/video captured. Pressing the DISP. button will change the format in which you
view the stored files by either showing a standard format with minimal info, a smaller
thumbnail with histogram and extended exposure information, a close-up of the focal point used, or all information and icons cleared.
To quickly search through stored files, you can use the Index playback function shown above. This is activated by manoeuvring the Wide angle zoom control. The amount of thumbnails changes each time you press the control, from 4, 9, 25, to 100. To scroll through these index screens, you use the 4-way controller. Once you land on the image you want to see full-screen, press either the FUNC/SET button or the Telephoto zoom control.
in on an image is as simple moving the Telephoto zoom control. Images can be magnified up to 10x, and you get a small indicator box at the bottom right to help you see what portion of the frame is being magnified.
Movie clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the
built-in speaker. When a movie clip is on the screen you press the FUNC/SET button, which when brings up a large
"play" symbol. Press FUNC/SET again to start the video. Pressing the FUNC/SET button while the clip is playing will pause the video and bring up VCR-like controls to Exit, Play, Fast-forward, etc. You can also edit the lenght of clips in-camera.
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase - Erase files from the memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite
- My Category - Sorts images by category
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Trim an image to a specified area
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Color - Apply various color effects
- Scroll Display - Displays image before and after current image
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
Below you can see the Red-eye Correction and i-Contrast in-camera editing functions in action. One really nice feature is that the SX210 allows you to save the edited images as a new file, so you can keep the unedited original.
Camera Setup Menu:
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Set various camera sounds
- Hints & Tips - Displays hints and tips
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Color Option - Change screen color
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Set home and world time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Distance Units - m/cm (metric) or ft/in (imperial)
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Calibration - Calibrates touch screen
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.