Powershot SX20 IS
Powershot SX20 IS
Playback Screens & Menus
the Play button will bring up the last picture captured in full screen
mode with minimal overlay information (depending on the menu setting).
Pressing the DISPlay button controls the amount of data that will be
shown on the LCD/EVF. These include the extended picture information
screen with histogram, AF-Point zoom preview, and all info cleared.
the zoom control to Wide enables the thumbnail index mode. Here you can
quickly search through the stored images and find one to playback in
full screen mode. The camera will display 4, 9, 36, or 100 thumbnails, based on the amount of times you press the Wide control.
can also search through images by using the Control dial. It will show
the screen above, with the date and time of capture. Once you stop on
an image, it will display full screen.
playback image can be magnified up to 10X by pressing the zoom control
to Tele. You can stop at any enlargement step and scroll around inside
the image with the 4-way selector.
- Slide Show - Plays a slide show of all of the images on the camera
- Erase - Allows you to erase one or all of the images on the memory card
- Protect - Allows you to protect images from being deleted
- Rotate - Rotates the image 90° at a time
- My Category - Allows you to view your pictures by category or allows you to label pictures with categories
- i-Contrast - Brighten the background of images
- Red-Eye Correction - Removes Red-Eye from your images
- Trimming - Allows you to crop your images inside the camera
- Resize - Save the current image at a smaller resolution
- My Colors - Change the color scheme of the photo
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Resume - Last Seen or Last Shot
- Transition - Choose a transition for viewing your photographs
The resize option allows you to save a smaller version of the original. Perfect for emailing and sharing on the web.
The Trimming function lets you 'Crop' out a specific area or an image and save it as a new file.
The i-Contrast option allows you to detect and brighten dark areas in an image, then save the changed picture as a new file. There is also an i-Contrast setting via the record menu, which automatically puts these settings in effect.
Movie clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the built-in speaker. You get 'VCR-like' buttons to control the playback functions.
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Adjust the volume of the different camera sounds
- Sound Options - Choose the Start-up, Operation, Self-timer and Shutter sounds
- Hints & Tips - Displays general information about camera
settings and menu options along the bottom of the screen as you a
scrolling through them
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD
- Start-up Image - Choose the image to be displayed on power-up
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a storage folder for your images
- Lens Retract - 0 sec., 1 min.
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down, Display Off settings
- Time Zone - Set your home and travel time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Distance Units - m/cm or ft/in
- Video System - NTSC, PAL
- Language - Choose from one of the 26 languages
- Reset All - Reset the camera to the factory defaults
Here you can see the Print menu, which is used when connecting the camera to a PictBridge compatible printer.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.