Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
You can quickly search through stored images using the Index playback function which is available via pressing the Wide zoom control. The amount of times you move the Wide zoom control will determine the amount of thumbnails shown, from 4, 9, 36, or 100! When playing back in camera, the amount of thumbnails might differ due to the wide aspect ratio of the LCD.
The image can be magnified up to 10x in ten steps by pressing the telephoto zoom button. Once the image is enlarged at any step, you can move around inside of it using the 4-way selector buttons.
For the first time, the FUNC. menu is also available in Playback mode.
FUNC. Menu Options:
- Rotate - Change the orientation of the image
- Print List - Add images for printing
- Protect - Protect images from deletion
- Favorites - Tag the current image as a favorite
- Erase - Delete the current image
- Filtered Playback - Playback images by date, category or file type
- Slideshow - Choose transition effects and start the show
- My Category - Categorize the current image
Print Menu Options:
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select Range
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
Playback Menu Options:
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase - Erase one, selected range, or all images
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Set images as favorites for quick viewing
- My Category - Group your images into categories
- i-Contrast - Choose the amount of contrast: Auto, Low, Medium, High
- Red Eye Correction - Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Crop your images inside the camera
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Colors - Apply any one of the 'My Colors' shooting filters to a picture
- Active Display - On or Off
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to Playback mode
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
- Set Touch Actions - Allows you to adjust the functions of 4 touch actions as well as turn them on or off
Movie clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the built-in speaker. Press the FUNC. / SET button to play a clip, or use any of the other VCR-like controls.
The movie edit feature allows you edit and compose movies inside the camera, no need for a computer.
i-Contrast will automatically adjust the contrast levels of your images. You also have the option of Low, Medium and High contrast settings.
Resize allows you to make your images smaller on the camera without the need for a computer. The picture will save as new file so that you do not lose the original.
The rotate feature allows the camera to rotate an image without a computer 90° at a time.
Trim allows you to "crop" your images inside the camera. This is great for adjusting composiiton or removing unwanted objects from the edges of your shots.
Camera Setup Menu Options:
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Change the camera sounds
- Hints and Tips - Tells you about features of the camera
- LCD Brightness - Change the Level of brightness (5 levels)
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1-3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Select your geographic time zone
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Calibration - Calibrate the touch screen
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.