PowerShot SD4500 IS
PowerShot SD4500 IS
Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Index mode allows you to search and view your images as thumbnails showing 4, 9, 36 or 100 at a time when connected via the I/O cable. When not plugged in it shows 6, 12, 48 and 130 images.
The zoom feature allows you to zoom in on your images in several steps. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to move around the image. The telephoto zoom lever allows you to zoom.
Canon has added a quick menu to its playback mode, allowing you to quickly find some of the more common used settings. Included are the Rotate, Print List, Protect, Favorites, Erase, Smart Shuffle, Filtered Playback, Slideshow and My Category options.
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase - Erase images from the memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite
- My Category - Sorts images by category
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow
detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Trim an image to a specified area
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Color - Apply various color effects
- Scroll Display - Displays
image before and after current image
- Resume - Select
the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode (Last Shot or Last Seen)
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
Print Menu Options when using with a PictBridge printer:
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select Range
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
Resize allows you to make a smaller copy of an image that is already on the memory card. This is a fast and simple way to make a smaller copy for email and uploading to the web.
The trimming option allows you to zoom in on the image, then crop the image to what you see fit. It is an easy way to remove objects from the outside of the image, or to change the composition of the image.
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Set various camera sounds
- Hints & Tips
- Displays hints and tips
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Set
home and world time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.