Playback Screens & Menus
When you press the playback button on the back of the camera, the last picture or video captured or viewed is displayed; depending on the option chosen in the playback menu shown down the page. Pressing the DISP button (down on the 4-way controller) will change the format in which you
view the stored images by either showing a large thumbnail with no information, the same image with minimal exposure information, a smaller thumbnail
image with extended exposure info and a histogram, or lastly a smaller image
paired with a close-up of the focus points.
You can quickly search through stored images using the Index playback
which is activated by maneuvering the Wide/Zoom control toggle. The LCD
will display up to 90 thumbnail images at one time depending on how many times
the toggle is pressed.
in on an image is as simple as turning the zoom control towards the telephoto end. To continue to zoom
in or out, you simply toggle the zoom control to the desired magnification. You can zoom in to about 10x in multiple steps, and a small box on the right shows you the area of the photo that you are viewing.
Movie clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the
built-in speaker. When a movie clip is on the screen a large "Set"
symbol will appear at the top left indicating you have to press the FUNC./SET button to start the playback process. You then have to press the SET button once more to start watching the video. At any time, you can press the SET button once again, and the video will pause, giving you access to various "VCR-like" controls to start, stop, fast-forward, or rewind the clip.
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase - Erase images from the memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite
- My Category - Sorts images by category
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow
detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Trim an image to a specified area
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Color - Apply various color effects
- Scroll Display - Displays
image before and after current image
- Resume - Select
the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode (Last Shot or Last Seen)
- Select a transition for browsing your photos
Print Menu Options when using with a PictBridge printer:
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select Range
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Set various camera sounds
- Hints & Tips
- Displays hints and tips
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Color Option - Change screen color
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Set
home and world time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Camera Battery, Fits Brand Canon, Fits Model PowerShot SD4000 IS, SD3500 IS, SD1300 IS, SD1200 IS, SD980 IS, SD770 IS, SD1200 IS, S95, S90, D10, Digital IXUS 85 IS, 25 IS, Fits ...
Camera Battery, Fits Brand Canon, Fits Model Powershot Sd4000 Is, Sd3500 Is, Sd1300 Is, Sd1200 Is, Sd980 Is, Sd770 Is, Sd1200 Is, S95, S90, D10, Digital Ixus 85 Is, 25 Is, Fits ...