Playback Screens & Menus
When you press the Play button on the back of the camera, it will bring up the last picture captured in full screen
mode with minimal overlay information (depending on the menu setting).
Pressing the DISPlay button controls the amount of data that will be
shown on the LCD. These include the extended picture information
screen with histogram, AF-Point zoom preview, and all info cleared. You
can scroll through stored images by using the left and right positions
on the 4-way controller or by rotating the rear control wheel. Adjusting
the control ring on the front will jump 10 images at a time.
the zoom control to Wide enables the thumbnail index mode. Here you can
quickly search through the stored images and find one to playback in
full screen mode. The S95 can display 4, 9, 36, or 100 thumbnails, based
on the amount of times you press the Wide angle control.
mentioned above, you can also rotate the control wheel on the back to
search through images. It will show
the screen above, with the date and time of capture. To show an image full screen,
you simply stop rotating the wheel and press the Set button.
Toggling the zoom control towards the Telephoto position will activate the Magnify playback option, which allows you to magnify an
image up to 10x in several steps. You can stop at any point and scroll
the photo by using the 4-way controller. This is great for critically inspecting images on the fly.
- Smart Shuffle - Start a shuffled playback effect
- Slide Show - Plays a slide show of all of the images on the camera
- Erase - Allows you to erase one or all of the images on the memory card
- Protect - Allows you to protect images from being deleted
- Rotate - Rotates the image 90° at a time
- Favorites - Select favorite images from files stored on the memory card
- My Category - Allows you to view your pictures by category or allows you to label pictures with categories
- i-Contrast - Brighten the background of images
- Red-Eye Correction - Removes Red-Eye from your images
- Trimming - Allows you to crop your images inside the camera
- Resize - Save the current image at a smaller resolution
- My Colors - Change the color scheme of the photo
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Resume - Last Seen or Last Shot
- Transition - Choose a transition for viewing your photographs
option allows you to save a smaller version of the original. Perfect for
emailing and sharing on the web.
function lets you 'Crop' out a specific area or an image and save it as
a new file.
The i-Contrast option allows you to detect and brighten dark areas in an image, then save the changed picture as a new file. There is also an i-Contrast setting via the record menu, which automatically puts these settings in effect when you capture the image.
Here you can see the in-camera Red-Eye Correction option.
Video clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the built-in speaker. You get 'VCR-like' buttons to control the playback functions.
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Adjust the volume of the different camera sounds
- Sound Options - Choose the Start-up, Operation, Self-timer and Shutter sounds
- Hints & Tips
- Displays general information about camera
settings and menu options along the bottom of the screen as you a
scrolling through them
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD
- Start-up Image - Choose the image to be displayed on power-up
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a storage folder for your images
- Lens Retract - 0 sec., 1 min.
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down, Display Off settings
- Time Zone - Set your home and travel time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Distance Units - m/cm or ft/in
- Video System - NTSC, PAL
- Ctrl via HDMI - Enable or Disable
- Language - Choose from one of the 26 languages
- Reset All - Reset the camera to the factory defaults
Here you can see the Print menu, which is used for direct printing when you connect the S95 to any PictBridge compatible printer.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.