Canon's new pocket-sized PowerShot S120 is the successor to the S110
. The S120 features a 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor, a 5x (24-120mm) wide angle zoom lens with an f/1.8-f/5.7 aperture, a DIGIC 6 image processor, improved Auto Focus speeds, up to 12.1 frames-per-second continuous shooting, and 1080/60p Full HD video record with a built-in stereo microphone and HDMI output.
The PowerShot S120 also includes built-in Wi-Fi to transfer still images and video to places like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube. Interestingly, there are actually three ways to use the S120's Wi-Fi:
- Connect the S120 to a PC over a local Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the S120 to the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY online photo album.
- Connect the S120 to a smartphone or tablet running the Canon CameraWindow app (available for iOS and Android). This app also allows users to control the S120 remotely.
The PowerShot S120 also boasts Canon's Smart AUTO technology as well as a number of Creative Shot Modes. Smart AUTO automatically chooses between 58 pre-defined scenes based on shooting conditions to ensure proper exposure. And the Creative Modes are things like HDR (High Dyanmic Range), the all new Star Mode which takes both long exposure stills and time-lapse movies of night skies, and a Background Defocus mode, which approximates shallow depth-of-field.
Canon PowerShot S120 Features
- 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor
- 5x optical zoom lens
- Continuous High Speed Capture of up to 12.1 frames-per-second
- Full 1080/60p HD Video
- Creative Shot Modes
- Star Mode
- Background Defocus
- Handheld HDR Scene
- Smart AUTO Technology
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Canon Camera Window app
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY
Canon's PowerShot S120 will be available in October (2013) for an estimated MSRP of $449.99.
Additional Product Views