Canon PowerShot G16 Review
|Don't let the high price tag on the PowerShot G16 cause you to skip past this camera, even if you own the G15 already. The upgrade of the image processor inside the G16 gives it noticeably stronger performance speed and image quality versus its predecessor. The G16 is a little chunky and its small 5x optical zoom lens will disappoint some photographers, but this camera's performance speeds and image quality both are outstanding, as long as it fits in your budget. Read more in our Full Conclusion.|
- Connect the G16 to a PC over a local Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the G16 to the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY online photo album.
- Connect the G16 to a smartphone or tablet running the Canon CameraWindow app (available for iOS and Android). This app also allows users to control the G16 remotely
- Star Nightscape, which captures a single landscape image of a starry night sky
- Star Trails, which captures multiple images of star trails and combines them into a single "luminous still image"
- Star Time Lapse Movie, which takes multiple still images over a long period of time, creating a movie with the stars moving across the sky.
- 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor
- DIGIC 6 image processor
- 5x optical zoom lens
- f/1.8 - f/2.8 aperture
- Continuous shooting speeds of up to 9.3 frames-per-second
- Full HD 1080/60p video recording
- Star Nightscape
- Star Trails
- Star Time Lapse Movie
- HDR Scene Modes
- Art Embossed
- Art Standard
- Art Vivid
What's in the box?:
- Canon PowerShot G16 digital camera
- NB-10L Lithium-ion battery pack
- CB-2LC battery charger
- NS-DC11 neck strap
- Digital Camera Solution CD
- Note: No USB cable is included
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.