Record Screens & Menus
Here is the screen display when using the smart Auto exposure mode. Designed for anyone to use, Auto turns the G11 into a simple point-n-shoot camera. The camera will automatically select the shutter speed and aperture allowing you to concentrate on framing your subject, not changing exposure settings. Like many new digicams, this is an intelligent or "smart" mode that will also choose the best possible settings for the shot being frammed. This is accomplished by the camera analizing the subject(s) being frammed, then chooseing from 22 different pre-set scene mode settings to get the best possible photo.
Program AE is much like Auto, as the camera still chooses the exposure settings (shutter speed and aperture). However, now you have access to a multitude of camera settings like ISO speed, white balance, program-shift, metering, my colors, etc.
When shutter release is half-pressed, you will see the single AF point (rectangle) turn Green if focus was successful or Red if it fails. Pressing the AF Point selection button on the back will allow you to move the active AF point around as well as change the size (Normal or Small) and enable Face detection. Other icons indicate that blur from camera shake is possible at this shutter speed, metering, shutter speed, aperture value, exposure compensation, and the ISO value selected.
Shutter-speed priority (Tv) mode allows you to select the shutter speed (from 1/4000 to 15 seconds) and the camera automatically selects the proper aperture value. Faster shutter speeds will 'freeze' fast-moving subjects, while slower speeds will let you pan with a fast-moving object and blur the background, or show the flow of moving water.
Aperture priority (Av) mode is the opposite of Tv, here you select the aperture value (from F2.8 to F8.0) and the camera will automatically select the proper shutter speed. Selecting the aperture allows you to control depth of field (focus range), smaller numbers yield less depth of field, larger numbers yield more.
Program AE, Tv, Av and Manual mode Function options:
- White Balance
- Auto, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H,
Flash, Underwater (with optional housing) and Custom one-push WB set 1/2; pressing the DISP. button allows you to manual adjust each setting
- My Colors - Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, B&W, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
- Bracketing - Off, AE bracketing, Focus bracketing
- Flash intensity - Adjusts flash power ±2 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- ND Filter - On or Off
- Drive Mode - Single, Continuous, Continuous Shooting AF
- Image Size/Quality - Large 3648x2736, Medium1 2816x2112, Medium2 2272x1704,, Medium3/Date Stamp 1600x1200, Small 640x480, Wide 3648x2048, RAW (3648x2736); Fine or Normal JPEG compression
Manual mode gives you complete control over the G11, you select both the shutter speed and the aperture values. To help you 'dial in' the exposure, these is an exposure scale that is displayed on the right. When changing either the shutter speed or aperture, another small scale is shown directly above the values. All Menu options and camera settings are the same as Program, Tv, Av, etc.
Program AE, Tv, Av and Manual mode MENU options:
- AF Frame - FlexiZone or Face Detect
- Digital Zoom - Off, 1.4x, 2.3x, Standard
- AF-Point Zoom - On or Off
- Servo AF - On or Off
- Continuous AF - On or Off
- AF Assist Beam - On or Off
- MF-Point Zoom - On = Enlarge focus point during manual focus
- Safety MF - On or Off
- Flash Control - Adjust Flash Exposure comp., Shutter Sync., Slow Synchro, Red-Eye Corr./Lamp and Safety FE
- i-Contrast - Off or Auto
- Spot AE Point - Center or AF point
- Review - Off, Hold or 2 - 10 secs
- Review Info - Off, Detailed or Focus Check
- Blink Detection - On or Off
- Custom Display - Customize the camera's display (Shooting info, Grid lines, 3:2 Guide, Histogram
- Reverse Display - Flips the live image on the LCD when it is rotated (On or Off)
- IS Mode - Continuous, Shoot only, Panning, Off
- Converter - Enable when using optional TC-DC58D lens converter
- Date Stamp - Off, Date or Date&Time
- Record RAW+L/Fine JPEG - On or Off
- Set Shortcut Button - Choose the function of the Shortcut button
- Save Settings - Saves current settings to Custom 1 or 2 on the mode dial
You can record video clips with audio at standard resolutions of 640x480 or 320x240, with a frame rate of 30fps. The optical zoom may not be used while recording, so you will want to preset the zoom to the desired focal length before recording starts. The length of a movie is limited by the amount of available memory, up to a maximum clip size of 4GB or 60 minutes. These clips are captured in QuickTime format and saved as .MOV files.
The G11 IS offers 18 pre-programmed Scene modes: Low Light, Quick Shot, Portrait, Landscape, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Sports, Sunset, Night Scene, Fireworks, Beach, Underwater, Aquarium, Foliage, Snow, Color Accent, Color Swap, and Stitch Assist . These modes are set up to give you the best possible pictures for specific shooting situations.
The My Menu sub-menu allows you to create your own customized Shooting or 'Record' menu with the settings you choose.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
rechargeable lithium ion battery for use in select Canon cameras,rated at 7.4V/1050mAh
Leading-edge technology and unsurpassed quality make Lenmar Canon camcorder batteries your first choice.
Camera Battery, Fits Brand Canon, Fits Model Eos Digital Rebel Xti, Xt, Powershot G9, G7, S80, S70,s60, S50, S45, S40, S30, Eos 400d, Eos 350d, Vixia Hf R10, Hfr100, Hfr11, Hg10 ...
|$19 to $25|
As the countrys oldest and most reliable maker of commercial can openers, Edlund is an industry icon.