Powershot G1 X Mark II
Powershot G1 X Mark II
Playback Screens & Menus
Canon placed the Playback button on the top of the camera, which is a bit of an odd location, but which works well in the design of the Canon G1 X Mark II. I did find on occasion that I pressed this button inadvertently when blindly searching for the power button when I was trying to turn on the camera in a hurry.
When you press the Playback button to enter Playback mode, you can see information stored about how each image was recorded. Press the Disp button to change the data that's shown in the display. You have four different display options.
- No data
- Limited data, including shutter speed, aperture, EV, and ISO
- Extensive data, with date and time, a histogram, white balance, focus mode, resolution, and shooting mode added to the limited data
- Most data removed, but four histograms displayed
Playing back a stored movie is easy with the Canon Powershot G1 X Mark II. With a movie displayed on the screen just touch the Play button on the screen or the Set button twice on the back of the camera to begin playback. A timeline will appear across the bottom of the screen to show how much time has elapsed in the playback.
You can connect to other Wi-Fi or NFC enabled mobile devices or to a Wi-Fi network with the Powershot G1 X Mark II. Just press the Wi-Fi or mobile connect buttons on the back of the camera to access this feature.
You can view the Playback and Print menus while you're working in Playback mode. (The Setup menu tab is on the far right.) Just press the Menu button while in Playback mode.
The Playback menu tab is on the far left and marked with a play icon. Its options are:
- List/Play Digest Movies
- Smart Shuffle
- Slideshow - Repeat (On, Off), Play Time (3-30 seconds), Effect (Off, Fade)
- Erase - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Protect - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Photobook Set-Up - Select, Select All Images, Clear All Selections
- Red-Eye Correction
- Resize - M2, S
- My Colors - Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black and White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red
- Face ID Info - Name Display (On, Off), Edit ID Info
- Transition Effect - Fade, Off
- Index Effect - On, Off
- Scroll Display - On, Off
- Group Images - On, Off
- Auto Rotate - On, Off
- Resume - Last Seen, Last Shot
- Set Touch Actions
- Set Shortcut Button
- Positive Film
- Lighter Skin Tone
- Darker Skin Tone
- Vivid Blue
- Vivid Green
- Vivid Red
- Select Images & Qty
- Select Range
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings - Print Type (Standard, Index, Both), Date (On, Off), File No. (On, Off), Clear DPOF Data (On, Off)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.