Playback Screens & Menus
To enter playback mode, you simple press the Play button located on the top of the 520. Doing so will display the last image / video captured or viewed; depending on the menu setting. Using the left and right buttons on the 4-way allows you to scroll through your stored files. Pressing down (DISP.) on the 4-way will control the amount of information shown on the LCD. There are four options, basic information (default), extended exposure information with histogram, Focus Check zoom view, and no information at all.
The Index option helps you quickly search through stored files. Pressing the wide zoom control activates this option, and the more you press the control the more thumbnails are shown. You can display 4, 9, 36. or 100 thumbnails at a time. Pressing the telephoto zoom control will take you back a page at a time until you are back to full screen view.
To inspect your photos more closely, you can use the Magnify option. This is activated by pressing the telephoto zoom control when viewing an image full screen. You can magnify an image up to 10x, in 1x steps. You get a small magnification key at the bottom right, that shows you what portion of the frame is being viewed. Pressing the set button at any point allows you to keep the same magnification and position while browsing through other files saved on the memory card. This is a newer feature, which is great for inspecting several photos quickly and easily.
Playback menu option:
- Slideshow - Start an automated slideshow of your images
- Erase - erase files from the SD card
- Protect - Protect an image or video from deletion
- Rotate - Rotate an image 90 degrees at a time
- Favorites - Add a files to your favorites
- My Category - Organize image by category
- Photobook Set-up - Choose up to 998 images to be transferred to your PC with the included software and USB cable to create a photobook
- i-Contrast - Adjust the brightness of a photo
- Red-eye Correction - Correct Red-eye in your photos
- Trimming - Crop out a portion of an image
- Resize - Alter the size of a photo
- My Colors - Change the look of your photo: Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, B&W, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tones, Darker Skin Tones, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom
- Face ID Info - Edit Face ID info for saved faces
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Group Images - On or Off
- Auto Rotate - On or Off
- Resume - Last Shot or Last Seen
- Transition - Fade, Scroll, Slide, or Off
Here we have the print DPOF menu. This is used when direct printing via USB to compatible printers. You can select the photos and quantity, as well as choose the print settings (paper size, type, etc.). The A4000 is compatible with any PictBridge or Direct Print complaint photo printer.
Movie files can be played back onscreen by pressing the Set button twice. Pressing it again will pause the video, and gives you access to DVR-like controls to fast-forward, rewind, and even Trim (edit) the length of a movie. With an optional AV or HDMI cable, you can also plug the camera into your TV or HDTV to share videos and stills.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Canon PowerShot Elph 520 Digital Camera- Black, 10MP, 12X, 3", 1080P, IS, Digic 5|
In Stock: Yes