Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Canon's Auto mode allows the user to just "point and shoot" without having to worry about any of the camera's settings. It will automatically adjust everything, including choosing the correct scene mode for your current shooting situation.
Program mode is also an automatic shooting mode in the sense that it sets your shutter speed and aperture for you. But here you have the ability to control many of the other settings including ISO, White Balance and Metering options.
Here you can see the 5 pages of shooting modes that are available to you in Program mode: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Movie Digest, Portrait, Kids&Pets, Smart Shutter, High-Speed Burst, Best Image Selection, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Creative Light Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, Beach, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie.
Program FUNC. Menu:
- Light Metering - Evaluate, Center Weighted Avg., Spot
- My Colors - Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, B&W, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
- White Balance - Auto, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- ISO Selection - Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- Focus Range - Normal, Macro, Infinity
- Exposure Compensation - +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Self Timer - Off, 10 sec, 2 sec, custom
- Drive Mode - Single Shot, Continuous
- Aspect Ratio - 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1
- Image Size - L (4000x3000), M1 (2816x2112), M2 (1600x1200), S (640x480)
- Compression - Fine, Normal
- Movie Quality - 1920, 1280, 640, 320
- AF Frame - Face AiAF, Fixed Frame
- Frame Size - Normal, Small
- Digital Zoom - Standard, Off,1.4x, 2.3x
- AF-Point Zoom - On, Off
- Servo AF - On, Off
- AF-Assist Beam - On or Off
- Flash Settings - Red Eye Correction, Red Eye Lamp
- i-Contrast - Auto, Off
- Review - Off, 2-10 second, Hold
- Review Info - Off, Detailed, Focus Check
- Blink Detection - On, Off
- Grid Lines - On or Off
- Icon Layout - Change icon layout for shooting
- IS Mode - Continuous, Shoot Only, Panning, Off
- Date Stamp - Off, Date, Date & Time
Camera Setup Menu:
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Set various camera sounds
- Hints & Tips - Displays hints and tips
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Color Option - Change screen color
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Set home and world time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Ctrl via HDMI - Enable, Disable
- Calibration - Calibrates touch screen
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Take your camera with you safely, wherever you go, with the Leather Carrying Case from Canon. Crafted from leather, this stylish case protects your camera when you travel.
700 mAH, Works with Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS, PowerShot S95, PowerShot SD1200 IS Light Gray, PowerShot SD1200 IS, PowerShot SD770 IS, PowerShot D10, PowerShot ELPH 500 HS ...
Make sure you never miss a once-in-a-lifetime moment with an uncharged battery.
ClearMax NB6L NB-6L Lithium Ion Replacement Batteries (2-Pack) + Wall Charger + Car Adapter + European Plug Adapter
This essential accessories kit was put together with the accessories most needed to take full usage of your new Canon powershot D10, D20, SX240 HS, SX260 HS, Canon Elph 500 ...