Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Hitting the playback button on the back of the camera takes you to the last image captured/stored on the SD card. Here you can use the arrows on the side of the screen or slide our finger from side of the screen to the other to scroll through your images. Tapping the DISP. icon allows you to change the amount of information on the screen.
The index mode can be accessed by either pressing the zoom lever to the wide end or tapping the index icon on the LCD screen. In index mode you can look at thumbnails of your images in groups of 6, 12, 48 or 130 images at a time.
Playback Func. Menu: Rotate, Print List, Protect, Favorites, Erase, Movie Digest Playback, Smart Shuffle, Filtered Playback, Slideshow, My Category
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase - Erase all images from the memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite
- My Category - Sorts images by category
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Trim an image to a specified area
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Color - Apply various color effects
- Active Display - Switch images by tapping the sides of the camera
- Scroll Display - Displays image before and after current image
- Group Images - Groups High Speed Burst Images
- Auto Rotate - Matches the images to the camera's orientation
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
- Set touch Actions - register functions to Touch Actions
Cropping or Trimming your image allows you to correct or adjust the composition on the camera without having to capture another image. You can zoom in "trim" off the edges of the image to adjust your image.
Resize allows you to save a new, smaller copy of your image. This is great for quickly resizing your images for email and uploading to the web.
To view your captured movies, you just have to press on the play button in the middle of the screen. During the playback of the movie there is no information displayed on the screen.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.