Playback Screens & Menus
The ELPH 300 HS can quickly search through stored images using the Index playback function, which is controlled by pressing the Wide zoom control. The amount of times you move the Wide zoom control will determine the amount of thumbnails shown, from 4, 9, 36, or 100!
Images can also be magnified up to 10x in ten steps by pressing the telephoto zoom control. Once the image is enlarged, at any step, you can move around inside of it using the 4-way pad controls.
Playback Function Menu:
- Rotate - Rotate an image
- Print List - Add image to Print lists
- Protect - Protect from deleting image
- Favorites - Tag as Favorite
- Erase - Erase this Image
- Play Movie - Start a Movie (only shown on a movie clip)
- Movie Digest Playback - Plays back movies made with Movie Digest
- Smart Shuffle - Displays similar images chosen from 4 possibilities
- Filtered Playback - shows filtered images
- Slideshow - Start a Slideshow
- My Category - Categorize images
- Slide Show - Plays a slide show of all of the images on the camera
- Erase - Allows you to erase one or all of the images on the memory card
- Protect - Allows you to protect images from being deleted
- Rotate - Rotates the image 90° at a time
- Favorites - set images as favorites
- My Category - Allows you to view your pictures by category or allows you to label pictures with categories
- i-Contrast - Brighten the background of images
- Red-Eye Correction - Removes Red-Eye from your images
- Trimming - Allows you to crop your images inside the camera
- Resize - Save the current image at a smaller resolution
- My Colors - Change the color scheme of the photo
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Group Images - On or Off
- Auto Rotate - On or Off
- Resume - Last Seen or Last Shot
- Transition - Choose a transition for viewing your photographs
Here you can see the i-Contrast playback function, which helps you brighten images right in the camera.
You can also resize your photos right in the camera, which is useful when preparing files for sharing or uploading to the internet.
Movie clips can be played back in the camera with audio thanks to the built-in speaker. VCR-like controls make playback a breeze. (shown below)
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Adjust the volume of the different camera sounds
- Sound Options - Choose the Start-up, Operation, Self-timer and Shutter sounds
- Hints & Tips - Displays general information about camera
settings and menu options along the bottom of the screen as you a
scrolling through them
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD
- Start-up Image - Choose the image to be displayed on power-up
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a storage folder for your images
- Lens Retract - 0 sec., 1 min.
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down, Display Off settings
- Time Zone - Set your home and travel time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC, PAL
- Ctrl via HDMI - Enable or Disable
- Language - Choose from one of the 26 languages
- Reset All - Reset the camera to the factory defaults
Here you can see the Print menu, which is used when connecting the camera to a PictBridge compatible printer.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.