PowerShot ELPH 115 IS
PowerShot ELPH 115 IS
Playback Screens & Menus
Playback mode offers only the most basic features with the ELPH 115 IS. With a still image on the screen, you'll see some basic data about the image displayed, including the file number in the upper right corner, the date and time the image was shot in the lower right corner, and the resolution setting in the lower left corner.
Press the Disp button to see additional information about the image on the screen, including a histogram in the lower left corner along with the resolution setting. Along the right side of the screen, you'll see (from top to bottom) the file name, the light metering, shutter speed, ISO, aperture, exposure valuation, flash setting, white balance, file size, pixel resolution, date and time.
Press Disp a second time to return the image to the full screen size and remove all icons from the screen. Press Disp a third time to return to the original display.
In Playback mode you also can see data about the movies that you've already shot. You'll see the file number in the upper right corner, the time and date the movie was recorded in the lower right corner, and the movie mode icon in the lower left corner.
Press Disp to see more detailed information about the movie, including a histogram in the lower left corner and the file name, the light metering, movie resolution, frames per second, exposure valuation, white balance, file size, time of recording, and the date and time the movie was shot along the right side.
You also can access a series of movie control and editing functions -- including the ability to play the movie on the camera's screen -- by pressing the Func. button with the movie displayed on the LCD.
Once you're in Playback mode, you can access numerous menu options for the ELPH 115 by pressing the Menu button on the back of the camera. Use the four-way button to highlight the play icon tab on the far upper left of the screen. The Playback menu options include:
- Slideshow - Repeat (On, Off), Play Time (3-30 seconds), Effect (Off, Fade, Bubble, Cross, Letterbox, Scroll, Slide)
- Erase - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Protect - Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite, protecting it from deletion
- Photobook Set-Up - Select images with which to create a photobook, using Canon's software (Select, Select All Images, Clear All Selections)
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction - Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Cropping - Crop an image to a smaller size
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Colors - Apply various color effects (Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black and White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red)
- Scroll Display - Displays image before and after current image (On, Off)
- Auto Rotate - Rotates images to match the camera orientation (On, Off)
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode (Last Seen, Last Shot)
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos (Fade, Scroll, Slide, Off)
- Print - Choose the images to print
- Select Images & Qty - Specify how many prints to make of each image
- Select Range - Pick a series of images to print
- Select All Images - Print one copy of each image
- Clear All Selections - Remove the Print selection from all images
- Print Settings - Select Print Type (Standard, Index, Both); Date (On, Off); File No. (On, Off); Clear DPOF Data (On, Off)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.