Record Screens & Menus
Smart Auto decides which settings to use based on 58 predefined shooting situations, and can be launched conveniently from the Auto switch atop the camera. With the Face ID function turned on, the camera will adjust focus and exposure priority based on faces you have registered with the camera.
Program mode gives you more flexibility than full Auto mode, allowing you to adjust many settings, such as ISO, white balance, and light metering.
Upon locking onto your subject, the LCD displays a green autofocus box and four settings to be used: metering, shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. There are three focus modes: center, face AiAF, and tracking AF. The second option prioritizes focus for faces and tracking AF will follow the subject you have selected. When using tracking AF, you press left on the four-way controller to start and stop the tracking of your subject.
Among the more interesting shooting modes is Smart Shutter, which uses face detection to trip the shutter. This is particularly useful if you are setting up a group shot: the camera will start the timer once a new face enters the frame (presumably yours after coming out from behind the camera). Two other options: a wink or a smile can be used to start the timer.
- Movie Digest
- Smooth Skin
- Smart Shutter
- High-speed Burst
- Handheld Night Scene
- Low Light
- Fish-eye Effect
- Miniature Effect
- Toy Camera Effect
- Soft Focus
- Super Vivid
- Poster Effect
- Color Accent
- Color Swap
- Long Shutter
- Stitch Assist
- iFrame Movie
- Super Slow Motion Movie
White balance settings run the usual gamut from sunny and cloudy to tungsten and fluorescent lighting. If you don't like the look of the existing settings, you can select evaluative white balance and take a photo for the camera to evaluate for best results.
Light metering offers three options: evaluative, center weighted, average, and spot. The icon below light metering is My Colors, which lets you apply color settings such as vivid, neutral, and sepia. There is also an approximation of positive film and two settings for skin tone: lighter and darker. Vivid blue, vivid green, and vivid red do what the names suggest, and Custom Color lets you drill down and adjust the saturation level of all three colors, plus contrast, sharpness, overall saturation, and skin tone.
Shooting Menu Options:
- AF Frame: Center, Face AiAF, Tracking AF
- AF Frame Size: Normal, Small (when using AF Frame Center)
- Digital Zoom: Standard, 1.6X, 2.0X, Off
- AF-Point Zoom: On, Off
- Servo AF: On, Off
- AF Assist Beam: On, Off
- Flash Settings: Redeye Correction: On, Off; Redeye Lamp: On, Off
- i-Contrast: Auto, Off
- Review: 2-10 seconds in 1 second increments, Hold, Off
- Review Info: Detailed, Focus Check, Off
- Blink Detection: On, Off
- Grid Lines: On, Off
- IS Settings: IS mode: Shoot Only, Continuous, Off
- Powered IS: On, Off
- Date Stamp: Date, Date & Time, Off
- Face ID Settings: Face ID: On, Off; Add to Registry: Add a New Face, Add Face Info; Check/Edit Info, Erase Info
The camera settings menu offers the usual smattering of settings adjustments, including the ability to turn on/off hints and tips, explore sound options, and adjust file numbering (continuous or auto reset) and folder creation (daily or monthly).
Camera Settings Menu:
- Mute: On, Off
- Volume: Startup Volume, Operation Volume, Self Timer Volume, Shutter Volume (One to Five for Each)
- Sound Options: Startup Sound, Operation Sound, Self Timer Sound, Shutter Sound (Two Choices for Each)
- Hints & Tips: On, Off
- LCD Brightness: Five Levels
- Startup Image: Off, 1, 2
- Format memory card
- File Numbering: Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder: Daily, Monthly
- Lens Retract: 0 seconds, 1 minute
- Power Saving: Auto Power Down: On, Off; Display Off: 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes
- Time Zone: Home, World
- Date/Time: Daylight Savings Time: On, Off
- Video System: NTSC, PAL
- Control Via HDMI: Enable, Disable
- Reset All
In movie mode, you can use both optical and digital zoom. In Super Slow Motion movie mode, however, zoom is disabled.
iFrame movies are recorded at 1280 x 720 at 30 fps; Super Slow Motion movie mode records at 640 x 480 or 320 x 240. Other than these and miniature effect (1280 x 720 or 640 x 480), video is 1920 x 1080 at 24 fps, 1280 x 720 at 30 fps, or 640 x 480 at 30fps.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Canon PowerShot Elph 110 Digital Camera- Black, 16MP, 5X, 3", 1080P, IS, Digic 5|
|Seller||Price||In Stock||Seller Rating|
|$229.67||No seller reviews|