Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS Review
Review posted 04/19/2012
- Nice 24mm wide angle lens
- High-resolution 3-inch LCD (461,000 dots)
- High-sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Fast performance from the DIGIC 5 processor
- Smart Auto selects settings from 58 predefined situations
- Face ID focus and exposure priority
- Multi-area white balance
- Intelligent image stabilization chooses from six modes
- High light sensitivity (up to ISO 3200)
- Movie Digest combines video clips into a montage
- 5x optical zoom range can be limiting
- Noisy zoom can be heard during video playback
- Smooth Skin mode can look unattractive
|The Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS performs well for the price -- it's
fast, boasts high image quality, and shoots full HD video. Attractive
shooting modes and a high-resolution LCD make both shooting and browsing
images enjoyable. If having a wide-angle lens is more important to you
than a powerful zoom, this compact Canon is a highly attractive option,
though battery life isn't the best. Read more in our Full Conclusion. |
Canon's PowerShot ELPH 110 HS is one of two newly announced ELPH series cameras, along with the ELPH 520 HS. The 110 HS is $50 less expensive than the 520 HS, and boasts a larger 16.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor, more body color choices, and a wider 24mm lens. However, the 110 HS only has a 5x optical zoom (compared to the 520's 12x).
Beyond sensors and lenses, the two new ELPH cameras are similarly appointed, boasting the proprietary DIGIC 5 image processor, which translates into sharper pictures in low light scenarios (ISO up to 3200) as well as faster start up and auto focus timing. The DIGIC 5 also helps this camera's High-Speed Burst mode achieve 5 frames per second (at 4-megapixels).
Both ELPH cameras include a 3.0" LCD displays, full 1080p HD movie recording (thanks again, CMOS), and Advanced Smart AUTO functionality. The camera automatically adjust for up to 58 varied shooting scenarios and a 12-person (on screen) facial recognition.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS Features:
- DIGIC 5 image processor
- 16.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Intelligent IS
- 24mm wide angle lens
- ISO up to 3200
- 3.0" LCD
- Full HD 1080p
- High-Speed Burst most up to 5.8fps
- Advanced Smart AUTO (detect up to 58 scenes)
- Face ID (register up to 12 faces on screen)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
- Li-ion battery
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS comes in black, silver red, blue, green, and pink with an MSRP of $249.99. See our buy box below for the most current online pricing. What's in the Box?
- PowerShot ELPH 110 HS camera
- NB-11L Li-ion battery pack
- Battery charger
- Hand strap
- USB cable
- Getting started guide
Additional Product Views:
You can check out the price of this camera on Adorama by clicking here.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.