Powershot A4000 IS
Powershot A4000 IS
Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the play button on the back of the A4000 launches playback mode. Here you can scroll through your stored still photos and video by pressing the left and right directions on the mode dial. Pressing down (DISP.) on the 4-way will control the amount of information shown on the LCD. There are three options, basic information (default), extended exposure information with histogram, and no information at all.
To help you quickly search through stored files, the Index function can display various thumbnail pages. Pressing the wide zoom control activates Index mode, and the more you press the control the more thumbnails are shown. You can display 4, 9, 36. or 100 thumbnails at a time. Pressing the telephoto zoom control will take you back a page at a time until you are back to full screen view.
To check your images more closely for focus, you can use the Magnify option. This is activated by pressing the telephoto zoom control when viewing an image full screen. You can magnify an image up to 10x, in 1x steps. You get a small magnification key at the bottom right, that shows you what portion of the frame is being viewed. Pressing the set button at any point allows you to keep the same magnification and position while browsing through other files saved on the memory card. This is a newer feature, which is great for inspecting several photos quickly and easily.
Playback menu options:
- Jump Search - Jump by Shot Date, Jump to Movie, Jump to First, Jump by 100 images, or Jump by 10 images
- Slideshow - Start an automated slideshow of your images
- Erase All - erase all files from the SD card
- Protect - Protect an image or video from deletion
- Rotate - Rotate an image 90 degrees at a time
- Photobook Set-up - Choose up to 998 images to be transferred to your PC with the included software and USB cable to create a photobook
- i-Contrast - Adjust the brightness of a photo
- Red-eye Correction - Correct Red-eye in your photos
- Resize - Alter the size of a photo
- Auto Rotate - On or Off
- Resume - Last Shot or Last Seen
- Transition - Fade, Scroll, Slide, or Off
Here we have the print DPOF menu. This is used when direct printing via USB to compatible printers. You can select the photos and quantity, as well as choose the print settings (paper size, type, etc.). The A4000 is compatible with any PictBridge or Direct Print complaint photo printer.
You can play back your video files on the A4000 by pressing the Set button, then using the DVR-like controls. With an optional AV cable, you can also plug the camera into your TV to share videos and stills. However, the A4000 does not offer a HDMI out port, so only standard definition quality can be had.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.