Playback Screens & Menus
The play button on the back of the camera launches playback mode, which enables you to view and edit images. Pressing DISP (downward on the four-way controller) alternates between four screen views: image only, basic information, reduced-size image with many camera settings and histogram, and a magnification view (or, focus-check) that allows you to inspect details of the photo. Using the zoom ring, you can magnify the detailed image further.
The second viewing option displays battery life, image number, file size, date and time taken.
Pressing DISP again will display the image's histogram, as well as a handful of camera settings used to take the shot.
Pressing the zoom ring to the left will initiate a series of index pages, the first of which shows four images on the LCD.
Press the zoom ring again to display nine images on the LCD.
Being able to see 36 images on screen makes it easy to scroll through loads of images, as we are all wont to do in this age of endless digital storage.
With 100 shots displayed on the 3-inch LCD, it's quite difficult to tell one image from the next. But if the shots have distinctly different backgrounds or subject matter, this crammed view can ease image navigation.
The zoom ring also significantly magnifies images on the LCD, allowing you to see fine details and inspect the focus.
In the standard movie playback view, you use the FUNC./SET button to play movies. You also can play them in slow motion and skip frame by frame.
Playback Functions Menu:
- Jump Search: Date, Jump to Movie, Jump to First , Jump 100 Images, Jump 10 Images
- Slideshow: Repeat: On, Off; Playtime: 3-10 Seconds in one second increments, 15 Seconds, 30 Seconds; Effect: Fade, Slide, Off
- Erase All
- Photo Book Set up: Select, Select All Images, Clear All Selections
- I-Contrast: Auto, Low, Medium, High
- Red Eye Correction
- Auto Rotate: On, Off
- Resume: Last Seen, Last Shot
- Transition: Slide, Fade, Off
- Select Images and Quantities
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings: Print Type: Standard, Index, Both; Date: On/Off; File Number: On/Off; Clear DPOF Data: On/Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.