Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the blue play button on the back of the camera, will switch the camera into playback mode. This will display the last image or video that has been recorded. Press the DISPlay button to change the amount of information on displayed in the screen (shown above). You can choose no information, minimal info, extended information, and AF point/Face zoom preview.
Using the zoom toggle (Wide) in playback mode will access the Index mode. Here you are able to quickly look through your images, from 4, 9, 36 or 100 thumbnail images at a time. Pressing up on the 4-way pad when you are not in the index mode allows you to "jump" through your images by category: Jump 10 images, Jump to Movie, Jump to First, People, Jump Shot Date, or Jump 100 images. Pressing down on the 4-way pad while in Playback will erase an image.
Pressing the telephoto zoom in playback mode allows you to zoom in on your images. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to scroll around the image.
- Smart Shuffle - Displays similar images, chosen from 4 possibilities
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase - Erase one, all or a range of images from your memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Allows you to set images as favorites for easy viewing later
- My Category - Allows you to assign a category to one or more images
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Crop an image on the camera
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Auto Rotate - Rotates image to match camera orientation
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select Range
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
Resize allows you to change the size of your images, for uploading to the web, email, or just to save space on a full memory card.
Trimming or cropping allows you to zoom in and recompose your images on the camera, saving you the time of cropping them on a computer later.
Playing back a movie on the A3300 IS, is incredibly easy. The controls on the bottom simulate those of a VCR/DVR, giving you frame-by-frame control. The 4-way pad and the set button in the middle is used to control these selections.
You also have the ability to cut and combine movie clips to create your own movies inside the camera, no need for a computer.
Camera Setup Menu:
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Control the Start-up, Operation, Self-Timer and Shutter sounds
- Hints & Tips - On or Off
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Choose your home time zone as well as one anywhere in the world that you might be visiting
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.