Playback Screens & Menus
By Matt Metzker
When you press the playback button on the back of the camera, the last
picture taken is displayed
full screen. You can move backward or forward through the images using
the LEFT and RIGHT
buttons. The amount of overlay information displayed is controlled by
pressing the DISP
button. You can choose from no info, basic info,
a full detailed list of settings with histogram or a close up view to
check focus. This view also will show you all faces that were detected
in the photo.
You can quickly search through stored images using the Index playback function
which is activated by pressing the Wide/Zoom control button. The LCD will display up to 100 images at one time depending on how many times the button is pressed.
The jump feature allows you to quickly search through your images by
the date that they were taken, or allow you to jump in preset numbers
(10, 100), to movies, people and folders that are on the memory card.
The image can be magnified up to 10x in ten steps by pressing the telephoto zoom button.
Once the image is enlarged at any step, you can move around inside of it using the 4-way
Movie clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the built-in speaker.
Press the FUNC. / SET button to play a clip, or use any of the other VCR-like controls.
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase All - Erase all images from the memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
Camera Setup Menu:
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Compatibility: Canon PowerShot - A3000 IS, A3100 IS, A3300, A2100 IS, A2000 IS , A1200, A2200, A1100 IS ,A1000 IS, A800, A495, A490, A480, A470, A460, A430, A410, A40 - Leather ...
The NB-8L battery for Canon from canon provides continuous, reliable power to your digital camera.
This NB-8L camera battery sends remaining power information to your compatible Cyber-shot digital camera. Don't miss a precious shot due to a dead battery.
rechargeable lithium ion battery for use in select Canon PowerShot cameras,rated at 3.6V/740mAh