Powershot A2400 IS
Powershot A2400 IS
Record Screens & Menus
When you are shooting in Auto mode with the PowerShot A2400 IS, you'll see the LCD as above. You have very little control over the camera's settings in automatic mode, although you can set the parameters for using the flash. The A2400 IS will choose among 32 predefined scene presets to determine the best settings, based on the light and type of scene you're shooting. This is the easiest way to use the A2400 IS.
In any shooting mode, you can prefocus on the scene by pressing the shutter button halfway. This will lock the focus and the exposure settings. When you prefocus, the screen will show the settings for the image that you're about to shoot, such as 1/25 shutter speed, ISO 400, and f/2.8 in this case.
You also can shoot in Program mode, which becomes available out of Live mode. When you press the FUNC/SET while in Program or Live mode, you'll see a menu of icons appear, giving you access to a variety of shooting modes and camera settings. You can pick the shooting mode along the bottom of the screen, or make changes to the shooting settings along the left side of the screen.
- Shooting mode (along bottom of screen) - Program, Live View, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Low Light, Fish-Eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter, Discreet, iFrame Movie
- Exposure Compensation - +/- 2EV in 1/3EV steps
- ISO - Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- White Balance - Auto WB, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom WB
- Drive Mode - Single or Continuous
- Self-Timer - Off, 10 seconds, 2 seconds, Custom
- Image Quality - L (16M - 4608x3456), M1 (8M - 3264x2448), M2 (2M - 1600x1200), S (0.3M - 640x480), Widescreen (12M - 4608x2592)
- Video Mode - 1280x720 (HD) or 640x480 (SD)
Canon allows you to shoot either 720p HD movies (1280x720) or standard definition movies (640x480) with the PowerShot A2400 IS. Once you press the dedicated movie button, you'll see the screen shown here, with a Rec notification along the right side of the screen and the amount of time the recording has been going across the top of the screen (15 seconds in this case).
The A2400 IS camera menu options in Program mode are:
- AF Frame - Center, Face AiAF, Tracking AF
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- AF-Point Zoom - On or Off
- Servo AF - On or Off
- Lamp Setting - On or Off
- Red-Eye Correction - On or Off
- i-Contrast - Off or Auto
- Light Metering - Evaluative, Center Weighted, Spot
- Review - Off, 2-10 seconds, or Hold
- Review Info - Off or Detailed
- Blink Detection - On or Off
- Grid Lines - On or Off
- IS Settings - Set IS Mode (Continuous, Shoot Only, Off) and Powered IS (On or Off)
- Date Stamp - Off, Date, or Date & Time
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Adjust the volume of camera sounds
- Hints & Tips - On or Off
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the LCD's default brightness; 5 levels
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card; deletes All files
- File Numbering - Continuous (recommended) or Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Monthly or Daily
- Lens Retract - 0 sec. or 1 min.
- Power Saving - Toggle the Power Saving features: Auto Power Down, On or Off; Display Off, six settings, between 10 seconds and 3 minutes
- Date/Time - Set the Date and Time of the internal clock/calendar
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Language - Choose the menu language
- Reset All - Restore all settings to their factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.