Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
- Image Quality - Choose the RAW and JPEG (Large Fine/Normal, Medium Fine/Normal, Small 1,2,3 Fine/Normal) settings by rotating the Control and Quick Control dials
- Aspect Ratio - 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1
- Grid Display - Off, Grid 1, Grid 2
- Histogram - Disable, Brightness, RGB
- Release shutter w/o card - Allows or denies shutter release when no memory card is installed
- Image review - Sets review timeout on LCD - Off, 2 sec., 4 sec., 8 sec., Hold
- External Speedlite Control - Flash Firing, E-TTL II Meter, Flash Sync. Speed in AV mode, Flash Function setting, Flash C.Fn settings
- AF Operation - One Shot, Servo
- AF method - Tracking, FlexiZone - Multi, FlexiZone - Single
- Continuous AF - Enable, Disable
- Lens Aberration Correction - Allows the camera to correct Peripheral Illuminations and Chromatic Aberrations automatically
- Exposure Comp./AEB - Choose the EV compensation for AE Bracketing and Exposure compensation (±5EV in 1/3 or 1/2EV steps)
- ISO Speed - Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800
- ISO Auto - Set the maximum sensitivity value when using the ISO Auto setting
- Auto Lighting Optimizer - Automatically adjusts brightness and contrast to increase detail in shadow areas; Standard, Disable, Low, or Strong
- Metering Mode - Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Center-weighted
- Metering Timer - 4 sec, 16 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 10 min, 30 min.
- Touch Shutter - Enable, Disable
- Custom WB - Set the custom white balance value using a stored image
- WB SHIFT/BKT - Set white balance correction or the step increment for white balance bracketing
- Color Space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style - Selects image effects; see next menu description.
- High ISO Speed Noise Reduction - Off, Low, Standard, High: If not shooting in RAW, there is also a multi-shot mode to reduce noise
- Long Exposure Noise Reduction - Off, Auto, On: Noise reduction applied to images exposed at or over 1 second
- Dust Delete Data - Takes an exposure (of a white object) to identify dust spots on the image sensor. The dust data are appended to subsequent images for post-processing removal by Canon's software.
- Register - For faster access, you can register up to 6 menus and Custom Function setting you change frequently
- Sort - Change the order of your registered menus
- Delete - Chose to delete a registered menu
- Delete all item - Delete all registered menu items
- Display from My Menu - Enable or Disable the My Menu tab to be shown first when you press the MENU button
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.