Record Screens & Menus
Here we show the T3i's Shooting Settings Display. The LCD is used to display camera data much like the Monochrome LCDs found on higher-end EOS models. It offers a wealth of exposure information, including: Exposure compensation, ISO, Shooting mode, Flash Exposure comp., White balance mode, Drive mode, Metering mode, AF mode, etc.
This is also a shortcut menu that is accesses by
pressing the Quick ("Q") button. This will allow you to quickly change the desired value
of these functions using the 4-way controller, or control dial, then
pressing the Set button.
Live View and Video Capture
Canon's T3i also has a live view mode, for users who may like to use it like a consumer point-n-shoot. Live view makes it easy to take photos over and around other objects or people, without having to use the viewfinder.
Half pressing the shutter release triggers the camera to focus on your subject, and the AF mark (rectangle in the center of
the screen) will turn green when focus is achieved. Pressing the INFO button on the back
of the T3i controls the amount of exposure information that is visible.
Live View menu
- Live View shoot. - Enable or Disable
- AF mode - Live mode, Face Detect mode, Quick mode
- Grid display - Off, Grid 1, Grid 2
- Aspect Ratio - 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1
- Metering timer - 4, 16, 30 seconds or 1, 10, 30 minutes
T3i offers video capture with a variety of different options. You can
choose from full HD 1920x1080 (30, 25, or 24fps), 1280x720 (50 or 60fps), 640x480 (25 or 30fps).
Another great feature added to the T3i is the movie digital zoom option. This option allows you to magnify the image from 3-10 times while still maintaining the full HD quality. Sound (mono) is also recorded, and the camera uses MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264),
QuickTime (.MOV) video format to help conserve memory card space.
Live View Movie menu
- Movie exposure - Auto, Manual
- AF mode - Live mode, Face detect Live mode, or Quick mode
- AF with shutter button during recording - Enable or Disable
- Movie Shutter/AE lock button - Enable or Disable
- Remote control - Enable or Disable
- Highlight tone priority - Enable or Disable
- Movie rec. size - 1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x480, frame rates of 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 (depending on mode used)
- Sound Recording - Auto, Manual, Disable, Wind Filter
- Metering Timer - 4, 16, 30sec., 1, 10, 30min.
- Grid Display - Off, Grid 1 or 2
- Video Snapshot - Disable or 2, 4, 8sec. movie
- Exposure Comp. - +5/-5 in 1/3 increments
- Auto Lighting Optimizer - Standard, Strong, Low, Disable
- Custom White Balance - Customize white balance on compatible images
- Picture Style - Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User 1, 2, 3
Shooting menu items:
- Quality: - Choose the RAW (RAW, MRAW SRAW and JPEG (Large Fine/Normal, Medium Fine/Normal, Small Fine/Normal) settings by rotating the Control and Quick Control dials
- Beep - Enable/disable "button beep" sounds
- Release shutter w/o card - Allows or denies shutter release when no memory card is installed
- Image review time - Sets review timeout on LCD - 2 sec., 4 sec., 8 sec., Hold
- Peripheral illumination correction - Enable or Disable, helps with light fall-off or darkening at the corners of your images when using certain lenses
- Red-eye Reduction - Enable or Disable
- Flash Control - Choose whether the flash fires, Built-in flash function settings, External flash function settings, External flash custom function settings, etc.
- Exposure Comp./AEB - Choose the EV compensation for AE Bracketing and Exposure compensation (±5EV in 1/3 or 1/2EV steps)
- Auto Lighting Optimizer - Automatically adjusts brightness and contrast to increase detail in shadow areas; Standard, Disable, Low, or Strong
- Metering Mode - Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Center-weighted
- Custom WB - Set the custom white balance value using a stored image
- WB SHIFT/BKT - Set white balance correction or the step increment for white balance bracketing
- Color space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style - Selects image effects; see next menu description.
- Dust Delete Data - Takes an exposure (of a white object) to identify dust spots on the image sensor. The dust data are appended to subsequent images for post-processing removal by Canon's software.
- ISO Auto - Set the maximum sensitivity value when using the ISO Auto setting
Picture Style Menu
The Picture Style menu has two looks. The first is what you see when you select the Picture Style option in the Record Menu, and the second is the graphical display when you press 'Down' on the 4-way controller or choose it from the Shooting Information Display shortcut menu. They Both have the same options, listed below:
- Auto: The camera will select style
- Standard: For vivid, sharp and crisp images
- Portrait: For nice skin tones, slightly sharp and crisp
- Landscape: For vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp images
- Neutral: For natural colors and subdued images; no sharpening applied
- Faithful: For colormetric adjustment of colors of subjects shot under a color temperature of 5200K; no sharpening applied
- Monochrome: For Black and White images
- User Def. 1-3: For user-defined Picture Styles
- Detail set.: For changing parameters of the pre-defined and user-defined Picture Styles, activated by pressing the INFO. button
parameters (or N) shown for each style are from left to right Sharpness,
Contrast, Saturation and Color Tone.
C. Fn I: Exposure - Exposure level increments: 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop
C. Fn I: Exposure - ISO expansion: On or Off
C. Fn I: Exposure - Flash sync. speed in Av mode: Auto, 1/200-1/60sec. Auto or 1/200sec. (fixed)
C. Fn II: Image - Long exp. noise reduction: : Off, Auto or On
C. Fn II: Image - High ISO speed noise reduct'n: Standard, Low, Strong, Disable
C. Fn II: Image - Highlight tone priority: Enable or Disable
C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive - AF-assist beam firing: Enable, Disable, Enable external only, or IR AF assist beam only
C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive - Mirror lockup: Disable or Enable
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Shutter/AE lock button: AF/AE lock, AE lock/AF, AF/AF lock (no AE lock) or AE/AF (no AE lock)
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Assign SET button: Normal (disabled), Image quality, Flash exposure comp., LCD Monitor On/Off, Menu display, or ISO speed
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - LCD display when power ON: Display or Previous Display status
Setup menu options:
- Auto power off - 30 secs., 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 minutes or Off
- Auto rotate - Enable auto rotation of portrait mode images in camera, on computer or both
- Format - Format the CF card
- File numbering - Continuous, Auto reset, or Manual reset
- Select Folder - Create and select folder to save images
- Screen color - Set the menu background color
- LCD brightness - LCD back light intensity, 7 levels
- LCD off/on Button - Shutter, Shutter/Display, Remains on
- Date / Time - Set date and time
- Language - Sets the menu language
- Video system - NTSC or PAL video output
- Sensor cleaning - Choose when the Sensor is cleaned: Auto, Clean Now, Clean Manually
- Feature Guide - Enable or Disable
- Custom Functions (C. Fn) - See menu above
- Copyright information - Display copyright information for: Author's name, enter details, delete copyright information
- Clear settings - Clear all camera or Custom Function settings
Ver. - Display camera firmware rev#, can be user-updated
- Register - For faster access, you can register up to 6 menus and Custom Function setting you change frequently
- Sort - Change the order of your registered menus
- Delete - Chose to delete a registered menu
- Delete all item - Delete all registered menu items
from My Menu - Enable or Disable the My Menu tab to be shown first
when you press the MENU button
My Menu settings:
Shown above is the Settings Display, which is activated by pressing the INFO. button when in the menu system. This is just a quick reference guide to show you what options are currently in use for the camera's major function settings, along with the amount of available space on the memory card.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3i 18MP SLR Camera|
In Stock: Yes