Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the blue Play button on the back of the T3i will show the last image/video captured, or the last file viewed. When in Play mode pressing, the INFO. button controls the amount of information displayed on the LCD from: minimal info (aperture/shutter speed, file and image numbers), complete exposure info (mode used, ISO aperture/shutter speed, metering, picture style, file size, etc.) and a brightness histogram, extended info with the RGB histograms, and back to no information at all.
To help you quickly search through stored images the T3i includes an Index display option. This is accessed by pressing the AE/AF Lock button (the checker board icon), and will display an index with 4 small thumbnails. Pressing the Index button again changes to 9 thumbnails per page. You can then navigate through the files here 1 by 1 using the 4-way controller, or using the control dial will select through 4 or 9 images at a time.
Another option in Playback mode is the Magnify option. The AF point selection button (the magnifying glass icon) is used to access this option. Each time you press the button the image is magnified more until you reach the maximum of 10x. At any step you can scroll around inside the image using the 4-way controller.
- Protect Images - Protect/unprotect images
- Rotate - Manually rotate portrait mode images
- Erase images - Select and erase images or All images on card
- Print Order - Set DPOF printing information
- Creative Filters - Filter compatible images
- Resize - Resize selected images
- Histogram - Select Brightness or RGB histogram
- Image Jump w/main control dial - 1 image, 10 images, 100 images, Screen, Date, Folder, Movies, Stills, Image Rating
- Slide Show - Start and automated slide show playback
- Rating - Rate Images
- Bass Boost - Enable or Disable
- Ctrl over HDMI - Enable or Disable
Video files are played back full screen with VCR-like controls by simply pressing the SET button. Just select the control you wish to use and press the SET button again. The T3i also supplies an Audio/Video cable for connecting to a television for viewing. Also offered is an HDMI output when using the optional HDMI Cable, HTC-100 (about $70). When playing back movies in-camera, sound is heard through the built-in speaker, and rotating the main control dial controls the volume.
You can also edit movies right in the camera, by selecting the scissor icon when playing back a movie.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.