Record Screens & Menus
Here we show the T3's Shooting Settings Display. The LCD is used to display camera data much like the Monochrome LCDs found on higher-end EOS models. Depending on the current exposure mode you are in, it can offer a wealth of exposure information, including: Exposure compensation, ISO, Shooting mode, Flash Exposure comp., White balance mode, Drive mode, Metering mode, AF mode, etc.
This is also a shortcut menu that is accesses by
pressing the Quick ("Q") button. This will allow you to quickly change the desired value
of these functions using the 4-way controller, or control dial, then
pressing the Set button.
Live View and Video Capture
Here we can see the T3 in live view mode. This option is for users who want to use the LCD to frame, much like a
consumer point-n-shoot. Live view makes it easy to take photos over and
around other objects or people, without having to use the viewfinder; although the LCD does not articulate like the one found on the T3i. Pressing the DISP. button on the back of the camera will control the amount of information you will see. Above you can see an example of each setting when in Auto mode.
Half pressing the shutter release triggers the camera to focus on your subject, and the AF mark (rectangle in the center of
the screen) will turn green when focus is achieved. In Live View mode, the focuses much slower than when shooting with the optical viewfinder.
Live View menu
options (more options will be displayed when not in Auto mode like above):
- Live View shoot. - Enable or Disable
- AF mode - Live mode, Face Detect Live mode, Quick mode
- Grid display - Off, Grid 1, Grid 2
- Metering timer - 4, 16, 30 seconds or 1, 10, 30 minutes
T3 allows you to capture 1280x720 or 720p video at either 30 or 25fps. No full, 1080p HD mode is offered like on the T3i and other current EOS DSLRs. Sound (mono) is also recorded, and the
camera saves movie files using the QuickTime, H.264 (.MOV) video format. To see all of the available Movie mode video options, see the screen below.
Live View Movie menu
- AF mode - Live mode, Face detect Live mode, or Quick mode
- AF with shutter button during recording - Enable or Disable
- Movie Shutter/AE lock button - Enable or Disable
- Highlight tone priority - Enable or Disable
- Movie rec. size - 1280x720, 30 or 25fps
- Sound Recording - On or Off
- Metering Timer - 4, 16, 30sec., 1, 10, 30min.
- Grid Display - Off, Grid 1 or 2
- Video Snapshot - Disable or 2, 4, 8sec. movie
- Exposure Comp. - +/-3EV in 1/3 increments
- Auto Lighting Optimizer - Standard, Strong, Low, Disable
- Custom White Balance - Customize white balance on compatible images
- Picture Style - Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User 1, 2, 3
Shooting menu items (available options vary depending on mode used):
- Quality: - Choose the resolution and format: JPEG (Large Fine/Normal, Medium Fine/Normal, Small1 Fine/Normal, S2, and S3); RAW (RAW+JPEG Large FIne, RAW only)
- Beep - Enable/disable "button beep" sounds
- Release shutter w/o card - Allows or denies shutter release when no memory card is installed
- Image review time - Sets review timeout on LCD - 2 sec., 4 sec., 8 sec., Hold
- Peripheral illumination correction - Enable or Disable, helps with light fall-off or darkening at the corners of your images when using certain lenses
- Red-eye Reduction - Enable or Disable
- Flash Control - Choose whether the flash fires, Built-in flash function settings, External flash function settings, External flash custom function settings, etc.
- Exposure Comp./AEB - Choose the EV compensation for AE Bracketing and Exposure compensation (±5EV in 1/3 or 1/2EV steps)
- Auto Lighting Optimizer - Automatically adjusts brightness and contrast to increase detail in shadow areas; Standard, Disable, Low, or Strong
- Metering Mode - Evaluative, Partial, Center-weighted
- Custom WB - Set the custom white balance value using a stored image
- WB SHIFT/BKT - Set white balance correction or the step increment for white balance bracketing
- Color space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style - Selects image effects; see next menu description.
- Dust Delete Data - Takes an exposure (of a white object) to identify dust spots on the image sensor. The dust data are appended to subsequent images for post-processing removal by Canon's software.
- ISO Auto - Set the maximum sensitivity value when using the ISO Auto setting
Picture Style Menu
The Picture Style menu has two looks. The first is what you see when you select the Picture Style option in the Record Menu, and the second is the graphical display when you access the settings via the "Q" menu (aka the Shooting Information Display shortcut menu). They Both have the same options, listed below:
- Standard: For vivid, sharp and crisp images
- Portrait: For nice skin tones, slightly sharp and crisp
- Landscape: For vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp images
- Neutral: For natural colors and subdued images; no sharpening applied
- Faithful: For colormetric adjustment of colors of subjects shot under a color temperature of 5200K; no sharpening applied
- Monochrome: For Black and White images
- User Def. 1-3: For user-defined Picture Styles
- Detail set.: For changing parameters of the pre-defined and user-defined Picture Styles, activated by pressing the INFO. button
parameters (or N) shown for each style are from left to right Sharpness,
Contrast, Saturation and Color Tone.
- C. Fn I: Exposure - Exposure level increments: 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop
- C. Fn I: Exposure - Flash sync. speed in Av mode: Auto, 1/200-1/60sec. Auto or 1/200sec. (fixed)
- C. Fn II: Image - Long exp. noise reduction: : Off, Auto or On
- C. Fn II: Image - High ISO speed noise reduct'n: Standard, Low, Strong, Disable
- C. Fn II: Image - Highlight tone priority: Enable or Disable
- C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive - AF-assist beam firing: Enable, Disable, Enable external only, or IR AF assist beam only
- C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Shutter/AE lock button: AF/AE lock, AE lock/AF, AF/AF lock (no AE lock) or AE/AF (no AE lock)
- C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Assign SET button: Normal (disabled), Image quality, Flash exposure comp., LCD Monitor On/Off, Menu display, or DOF Preview
- C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Flash button function: Raise built-in flash or ISO Speed
- C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - LCD
display when power ON: Display or Previous Display status
Setup menu options:
- Auto power off - 30 secs., 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 minutes or Off
- Auto rotate - Enable auto rotation of portrait mode images in camera, on computer or both
- Format - Format the CF card
- File numbering - Continuous, Auto reset, or Manual reset
- Select Folder - Create and select folder to save images
- Screen color - Set the menu background color
- LCD brightness - LCD back light intensity, 7 levels
- LCD off/on Button - Shutter, Shutter/Display, Remains on
- Date / Time - Set date and time
- Language - Sets the menu language
- Clean (sensor) manually - Lock up the mirror to clean the image sensor manually
- Feature Guide - Enable or Disable
- Custom Functions (C. Fn) - See menu above
- Copyright information - Display copyright information for: Author's name, enter details, delete copyright information
- Clear settings - Clear all camera or Custom Function settings
Ver. - Display camera firmware rev#, can be user-updated
- Register - For faster access, you can register up to 6 menus and Custom Function setting you change frequently
- Sort - Change the order of your registered menus
- Delete - Chose to delete a registered menu
- Delete all item - Delete all registered menu items
from My Menu - Enable or Disable the My Menu tab to be shown first
when you press the MENU button
My Menu settings:
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
for T2i and T3i rechargeable lithium ion battery for use with the Canon EOS T2i digital SLR camera
5 dBi - Panel
Rokinon 800mm F/8.0 Mirror Lens for Canon EOS Mount is of highest optical quality Lens is multi-coated and provides crisp, clear, and sharp telephoto pictures Rokinon high ...
SquareTrade © AP6.0 Quality Photo Shot - ....