EOS Digital Rebel T3 SLR
EOS Digital Rebel T3 SLR
Features & Controls (cont.)
The Canon EOS Rebel T3 has several controls located on the top of the right hand grip. They include (starting from the top) the shutter release button, control dial, the flash release (for popping up the flash when not in Auto mode), and the the Mode Dial and the Power switch mounted to the right of it.
The Mode Dial is divided into 3 Zones:
The Basic Zone
- Scene Intelligent Auto - Fully automatic mode with auto scene detection
- Flash Off - for shots or locations where flash is prohibited
- Creative Auto - for easy setting of image brightness, flash, background blurring, ect.
The Creative Zone
- Program AE - Camera selects the optimum shutter speed and aperture for the shooting conditions.
- Tv - Shutter priority; you select shutter speed (1/4000 to 30 seconds), camera matches appropriate aperture
- Av - Aperture priority; you select aperture, camera matches appropriate shutter speed
- Manual - Manual selection of both shutter speed and aperture
- A-DEP - Aperture is determined to maximize depth of field so that all objects in the 9 focus points are sharply focused
The Image Zone
- Portrait - subjects stand out backgrounds are blurred
- Landscape - for Wide DOF, sharp images
- Close-up - for close-up shots such as flowers
- Sports - for shooting images in motion
- Night Portrait - for shooting images at night
- Movie Shooting - sets the camera into movie mode
The EOS Rebel T3 is compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC type memory cards (Eye-Fi compliant). The card slot is on the bottom of the camera behind a small door. We show the SanDisk Extreme Class 10 SDHC 4GB memory card.
The I/O (Input/Output) ports are on the left side of the camera and are covered with a flexible rubber door. There are three ports, at the top you can see the remote release port for the optical remote shutter release, combination A/V port handles standard video output and the USB 2.0 high-speed connection to your PC, as well as direct printing. The bottom HDMI port is used for connecting to a HDTV television set.
Canon powers the T3 with a LP-E10 7.2V, 860mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery pack. At normal temperature (73ºF and above) it's good for ~800 shots without flash or ~700 pictures if the flash is used 50% of the time. At colder temperatures (32ºF and below) these numbers drop to ~750/650. Using Live view mode also effects battery life, the number of possible shots drops dramatically. In normal shooting temps, you can capture ~240 shots or about 230 shots in colder temps. These figures are based on CIPA testing standards.
The supplied LC-E10 compact charger requires about 2 hours to charge a fully depleted LP-E10 battery pack. The charger requires a separate power cord (included) as this unit does not have fold-out prongs.
can also be supplied by the optional AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.