Record Screens & Menus
Here you can see the Shooting Settings Display. It turns the LCD into a data display much like the Monochrome LCDs found on higher-end EOS models. This useful tool is turned off by pressing the Display button, put your eye up to the viewfinder or when you press the shutter release. If offers a wealth of exposure information, including: Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure compensation, ISO, Shooting mode, Flash Exposure comp., White balance mode, Drive mode, Picture Style mode, Metering mode, AF mode, etc.
This is also a shortcut menu that is accesses by
pressing the Quick ("Q") button. You can then quickly change the desired value
of these functions by navigating with the 4-way controller or control dial, then
pressing the Set button.
Live View and Video Capture
Live view mode
allows you to use the T2i like a consumer point-n-shoot. Unlike past models, you can activate the
AF system by either pressing the shutter release or the AE/AF Lock button.
Once the camera has
locked focus on your subject, the AF mark (rectangle in the center of
the screen) will turn green. Pressing the DISPlay button on the back
will control the amount of exposure information that is visible.
Live View menu
- Live View shoot. - Enable or Disable
- Grid display - Off, Grid 1, Grid 2
- Metering timer - 4, 16, 30 seconds or 1, 10, 30 minutes
- AF mode - Live mode, Face Detect mode, Quick mode
The T2i is the
among Canon's digital SLRs that offer video capture options. You can choose from either
1920x1080 (30p, 25p or 24p), 1280x720 (60p or 50p) 640x480 (60p or 50p) or Crop 640x480 (60p or 50p)
resolutions. Crop mode is also called Movie Crop, which gives you a 7x telephoto magnification effect, kind of like digital zoom on a digicam. Sound (mono) is also recorded, and the camera uses MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264), QuickTime (.MOV) video format to help conserve memory card space.
Unlike some dSLRs that offer video, the T2i allows you to choose from Program AE or Manual exposure control in movie mode, allowing for much more creative filming. AF performance and operation is the same as when in Live View mode for still photos. If the built-in microphone doesn't capture the quality of sound you are looking for, the T2i does offer a mic jack for using external stereo microphones (not included).
Live View menu
- Movie rec. size - 1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x480, Crop 640x480; Frame rate - 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 (depending on mode used)
- AF mode - Live mode, Face detect Live mode, or Quick mode
- AF During movie - Enable or Disable
- Movie mode Shutter/AE lock button - Choose the functions of the Shutter release and AF/AE lock buttons in movie mode
- Remote control - Enable or Disable the remote shooting function when using the optional RC-6 remote control
Shooting menu items:
- Quality: - Choose the RAW (RAW, MRAW SRAW and JPEG (Large Fine/Normal, Medium Fine/Normal, Small Fine/Normal) settings by rotating the Control and Quick Control dials
- Beep - Enable/disable "button beep" sounds
- Release shutter w/o card - Allows or denies shutter release when no memory card is installed
- Image review time - Sets review timeout on LCD - 2 sec., 4 sec., 8 sec., Hold
- Peripheral illumination correction - Enable or Disable, helps with light fall-off or darkening at the corners of your images when using certain lenses
- Red-eye On/Off - On or Off
- Flash Control - Choose whether the flash fires, Built-in flash function settings, External flash function settings, External flash custom function settings, etc.
- Exposure Comp./AEB - Choose the EV compensation for AE Bracketing and Exposure compensation (±5EV in 1/3 or 1/2EV steps)
- Auto Lighting Optimizer - Automatically adjusts brightness and contrast to increase detail in shadow areas; Standard, Disable, Low, or Strong
- White Balance - Choose from Auto, Daylight (5200K), Shade (7000K), Cloudy (6000K), Tungsten light (3200K), White fluorescent light (4000K), Flash, Custom, Color Temp.
- Custom WB - Set the custom white balance value using a stored image
- WB SHIFT/BKT - Set white balance correction or the step increment for white balance bracketing
- Color space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style - Selects image effects; see next menu description.
- Dust Delete Data - Takes an exposure (of a white object) to identify dust spots on the image sensor. The dust data are appended to subsequent images for post-processing removal by Canon's software.
- ISO Auto - Set the maximum sensitivity value when using the ISO Auto setting
Picture Style Menu
The Picture Style menu has two looks. The first is what you see when you select the Picture Style option in the Record Menu, and the second is the graphical display when you press 'Down' on the 4-way controller or choose it from the Shooting Information Display shortcut menu. They Both have the same options, listed below:
- Standard: For vivid, sharp and crisp images
- Portrait: For nice skin tones, slightly sharp and crisp
- Landscape: For vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp images
- Neutral: For natural colors and subdued images; no sharpening applied
- Faithful: For colormetric adjustment of colors of subjects shot under a color temperature of 5200K; no sharpening applied
- Monochrome: For Black and White images
- User Def. 1-3: For user-defined Picture Styles
- Detail set.: For changing parameters of the pre-defined and user-defined Picture Styles, activated by pressing the DISP. button
parameters (or N) shown for each style are from left to right Sharpness,
Contrast, Saturation and Color Tone.
C. Fn I: Exposure - Exposure level increments: 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop
C. Fn I: Exposure - ISO expansion: On or Off
C. Fn I: Exposure - Flash sync. speed in Av mode: Auto, 1/200-1/60sec. Auto or 1/200sec. (fixed)
C. Fn II: Image - Long exp. noise reduction: : Off, Auto or On
C. Fn II: Image - High ISO speed noise reduct'n: Standard, Low, Strong, Disable
C. Fn II: Image - Highlight tone priority: Enable or Disable
C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive - AF-assist beam firing: Enable, Disable, Enable external only, or IR AF assist beam only
C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive - Mirror lockup: Disable or Enable
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Shutter/AE lock button: AF/AE lock, AE lock/AF, AF/AF lock (no AE lock) or AE/AF (no AE lock)
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Assign SET button: Normal (disabled), Image quality, Flash exposure comp., LCD Monitor On/Off, Menu display, or ISO speed
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - LCD display when power ON: Display or Retain power OFF status
C. Fn IV: Operation/Others - Add image verification data: Off or On
Setup MenuSetup menu options:
- Auto power off - 30 secs., 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 minutes or Off
- Auto rotate - Enable auto rotation of portrait mode images in camera, on computer or both
- Format - Format the CF card
- File numbering - Continuous, Auto reset, or Manual reset
- LCD auto off - Enable or Disable
- Screen color - Set the menu background color
- Eye-Fi settings - Enable/Disable Eye-Fi transmission
- LCD brightness - LCD back light intensity, 7 levels
- Date / Time - Set date and time
- Language - Sets the menu language
- Video system - NTSC or PAL video output
- Sensor cleaning - Choose when the Sensor is cleaned: Auto, Clean Now, Clean Manually
- Live View function settings - Live View shoot.: Disable or Enable, Grid display: Off or On, Metering time: 4 sec. to 30 min., AF mode: Live mode, Face Detect, Quick mode
- Custom Functions (C. Fn) - See menu above
- Copyright information - Display copyright information for: Author's name, enter details, delete copyright information
- Clear settings - Clear all camera or Custom Function settings
Ver. - Display camera firmware rev#, can be user-updated
- Register - For faster access, you can register up to 6 menus and Custom Function setting you change frequently
- Sort - Change the order of your registered menus
- Delete - Chose to delete a registered menu
- Delete all item - Delete all registered menu items
from My Menu - Enable or Disable the My Menu tab to be shown first
when you press the MENU button
My Menu settings:
Here you can see the Settings Display, which is activated by pressing the DISP. button when in the menu system. This is just a quick reference guide to show you what options are currently in use for the camera's major function settings, along with the amount of available space on the memory card.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
for T2i and T3i rechargeable lithium ion battery for use with the Canon EOS T2i digital SLR camera
5 dBi - Panel
Rokinon 800mm F/8.0 Mirror Lens for Canon EOS Mount is of highest optical quality Lens is multi-coated and provides crisp, clear, and sharp telephoto pictures Rokinon high ...
SquareTrade © AP6.0 Quality Photo Shot - ....