Canon EOS 1D Mark III SLR Review
Movable Type Admin
Pressing the MENU button on the back of the camera calls up the various menus on the large color LCD.
There is a small navigation control button below the eyecup that you use to move through the menus.
Shooting Menu 1
- White balance: This allows you to select from the following White Balance presets: Auto, Daylight,
Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom or by Color Temperature
- Custom WB regist.: There are 2 ways to register custom white balance data. You can
either take a photo and register it or register an image already saved on the memory card
- WB SHIFT/BKT: Used to make WB bracket correction: B/A/M/G (blue/amber/magenta/green) bias, 9 levels each and
WB-BKT: B/A (blue/amber) and M/G (magenta/green) bias, single level increments, +/- 3 levels
- Color space: Select from sRGB or Adobe RGB
- Picture style: Sets the style characteristics for various subjects, options include:
- Standard - Natural hue and chroma, best for capturing natural color tone.
- Portrait - Sets the hue and chroma for ideal skin tones.
- Landscape - Adjusts hue and chroma to match high-saturation slide film.
- Neutral - Corresponds to Adobe RGB color space.
- Faithfull - Lowers chroma, for more subdued color tones.
- Monochrome - Custom set 1
- User Def. - Custom setting for 3 user defined Picture Styles
Shooting Menu 2
- JPEG quality: Sets jpeg compression rate
- Image size: Sets the image size (recorded pixels), Image Type (JPEG, RAW. sRaw) and quality
- Review time: Off, 2 sec., 4 sec., 8 sec. or Hold
- Beep: On or Off
- Shoot w/o card: On or Off
- Dust Delete Data: Obtain dust-mapping data to eliminate spots with the bundled software
Setup Menu 1
- Auto power off: 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min., 30 min., Off
- Record func+media/folder sel.: Specify how images are recorded to the memory card(s)
- File numbering: Continuous, Auto reset, Manual reset
- File name setting: file name (unique setting), User setting 1, User setting 2
- Auto rotate: On or Off
- Format: Format and erase data from a memory card
Setup Menu 2
- LCD brightness: Seven brightness levels possible
- Date/Time: Set the date and time
- Language: Select from 18 languages
- Video system: NTSC or PAL formats
- Battery info.: Detailed battery information
- Live view function settings: Live View shooting - On or Off, Grid Display - On or Off
- External Speedlite control: Flash function settings
Setup Menu 3
- Save/load settings on media: Save profile settings to a media card for later use, Save or Load
- Regist/apply basic settings: Save basic settings to a media card, Register or Apply
- Clear all camera settings: Resets camera to default settings
- Sensor cleaning: Auto, Clean now, Clean manually
- Firmware Ver.: Shows the current camera firmware version
- WFT settings: Displayed only when the WFT-E2/E2A (Wireless File Transfer) adapter is attached
Custom Functions Menu
- C. Fn I: Exposure: Exposure level increments
- C. Fn II: Image/Flash exp/Disp: Noise reduction, Tone Priority, Flash Metering, Shutter Sync
- C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive: USM lens electronic MF, AI Servo sensitivity, AI Servo image priority
- C. Fn IV: Operation/Others:Shutter button/AF-On, AF-ON/AE lock, Quick Control Dial metering
- Clear all Custom Func.: Clears all Custom Function settings
- C. Fn setting register/apply: Custom Function settings are saved and applied to camera
- My Menu settings: Save frequently used menu items and Customs Functions
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.